My 1st, not so documented build for a sundown 18"

barber24alldaz
10+ year member

DC
box is set to 4.5ft^3 n tuned to 35hz. sub is a custom nightshade 18" d2..thanks to teedot231999 for the sale!!

set up is in a 95 crown vic...it slams..

i build a separate amp platform and a false bottom for my trunk to hide all the wires too.

IMG_1338.jpg

IMG_1339.jpg

IMG_1340.jpg

IMG_1341.jpg

IMG_1344.jpg

False bottom/ amp rack

IMG_1345.jpg

FINISHED PRODUCT

IMG_1346.jpg

IMG_1347.jpg

IMG_1348.jpg

in for more pics of it in the car...
vids are always welcome!!! hint hint!

looks like that amp rack piece is going to break though
yea, i will try to get more pics soon..DC is currently under 3 feet of snow though soo it will have to wait lol.

n ill make some vids as soon as my 1501d comes back from dB-r for repair. it took a dump...so im currently bassless FTL

n i was nervous about the platform myself, but it seems to be holding up great. i used L braces to fasten the box to the platform to prevent sliding

Looks good, bet it sounds good to. If you haven't already remove the insulation in the rear deck lid and I even cut out the metal between the speakers, helped the sound flow through the small opening left after the vertically mounted gas tank...post pics of the car also, I'm a big panther fan I've had a 94 grandmarquis, 93 town car and currently a 94 town car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Looks good, bet it sounds good to. If you haven't already remove the insulation in the rear deck lid and I even cut out the metal between the speakers, helped the sound flow through the small opening left after the vertically mounted gas tank...post pics of the car also, I'm a big panther fan I've had a 94 grandmarquis, 93 town car and currently a 94 town car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif
u know what..thats a **** good idea on how i can get more sound flow into the cabin...im deff gonna cut that center piece out when i install my new 5x7's n 6x9's in the rear deck..i jus need the money for the amp n speakers first lol

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.