Holy hell. Best Buy install prices.

TaylorFade
10+ year member

I fail.
So, just for giggles I went to BB to get an estimate on installation (because I am lazy)....

HU- $200

(2) amps- $170

replace OEM highs- $100

(2) 1 hour charges?- $160

---------------------------------

$630!! Wtf? That's just labor.

Umm, no thanks. I'm not that lazy... unless someone wants to drive to Baton Rouge and make a couple hundred bucks.

i don't see what the problem is. if you lazy or unknowledgeable, YOU PAYING. Their goal is to MAKE MONEY, what do you expect? a whole install done for $200 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif

regular deck install is 50. double din 100, 150 for navigation

sub amp is 70

4 chan is 90

Comppnent install is 80, but depends on the vehicle

sounds like you either got a corrupt shop, or someone who has no clue what to do and was trying to run you off.

for 400 i can drive down and do it all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

regular deck install is 50. double din 100, 150 for navigationsub amp is 70

4 chan is 90

Comppnent install is 80, but depends on the vehicle

sounds like you either got a corrupt shop, or someone who has no clue what to do and was trying to run you off.

for 400 i can drive down and do it all //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Ive only had my deck installed and it was $50. Its free if you buy the headunit there.

Lazy? Yes. Unknowledgeable? No. Well, for the most part. I was expecting ~$400. And remember, that price doesn't include any parts. Start adding that **** up and we're talking a grand to run some wire and bolt some speakers in.

Yeah, it's the components in the doors and the 6x9's in the rear.

Regardless, I'll just do it myself and save the price of a Nav HU.

It's going in a Lexus IS300. Also, I didn't ask them to build a box or mount the amps. That was just to run the wires back there until I get my box built and decide where to mount the amps.

Lazy? Yes. Unknowledgeable? No. Well, for the most part. I was expecting ~$400. And remember, that price doesn't include any parts. Start adding that **** up and we're talking a grand to run some wire and bolt some speakers in.

well if you don't wanna pay, you better get to work. With some of the vehicles I've worked with, I can understand the wanting to charge high prices for an install, especially if you don't buy any of their stuff. It took me 8 freaking hours to do a simple sub/amp install in this one guy's car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif. Everything was a pain in the butt AND it was cold outside. To make matters worse, a lot of the trouble-shooting I wasted time on was due to his amp being screwed up. So until you are on the other side of the counter, I wouldn't judge

what type of vehicle?

HU sounds high but the rest sound fair.

also why the 2 extra hours of labor if they broke down prices for the equipent already ? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/confused.gif.e820e0216602db4765798ac39d28caa9.gif

yeah those prices arent really all that bad. Shop I worked at for a few years was

65 for a highs amp+15 if you didnt buy it from us

50 for a sub amp+15 if you didnt buy it from is

40 for coaxials, 65 for components (+10 if you didnt buy it from us)

50 for a deck

125 for a DDin/flipout, 200 if its got nav

and our labor rate was $65 an hour.

just dont understand the random 1 hour charges?

It's going in a Lexus IS300. Also, I didn't ask them to build a box or mount the amps. That was just to run the wires back there until I get my box built and decide where to mount the amps.
NM, I was gonna say that I would help you for a small fee, but I have no experience with those cars and wouldnt wanna fuk anything up. Good luck.

well if you don't wanna pay, you better get to work. With some of the vehicles I've worked with, I can understand the wanting to charge high prices for an install, especially if you don't buy any of their stuff. It took me 8 freaking hours to do a simple sub/amp install in this one guy's car //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/eek.gif.771b7a90cf45cabdc554ff1121c21c4a.gif. Everything was a pain in the butt AND it was cold outside. To make matters worse, a lot of the trouble-shooting I wasted time on was due to his amp being screwed up. So until you are on the other side of the counter, I wouldn't judge
I hear you on that one. I did an 94 S420 for HU, 4 speakers and amp bypass and I did not charge nearly enough money to make it worth all the trouble it was to do that car.

Total with equipment and labor was $560.

i paid 1200 back when I was 17 years old to have a local shop put a pair of subs in and amps.

My one buddy spent 1300 to have just some wire ran for a later install....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.