DONE With Pioneer

bigaudiofanati2
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Veteran
Alright I need to vent and also throw some info out there. I do not mind if you have had no problems with your pioneer or that you swear by them. Here is what I have to say.

Started out installing car audio back in like 1998 installed my first system in a 1996 Honda civic. The head unit was a pioneer 9800 I believe. 3 months after the install was done the cd stopped ejecting. It was under warranty so it was sent in, they found nothing wrong with it. Put it back in 4 weeks later the same thing but we still kept it. It was junk. Second one was in a buddy's VW the face plate was faulty, sent it back the new one the internal amp failed after 2 days of use. I get my very first car I install a pioneer deck. Wining alternator noise threw the speakers like crazy, and it just didn't work right. So I sent it back and got a alpine installed it not one hint of any problems ever. In 2008 I did a double din install for a guy and the unit never worked right and never allowed you to watch videos even with the proper parking brake bypass. So fast forward to 2009. I decide to give pioneer another chance with there premier lineup. So I trade a guy for a Premier Pioneer P880PRS. Worked fine except that wining noise was back. So a guy wanted to trade for a alpine deck I was all for it. So I sent mine to him very well packed and in perfect working condition. He gets it the thing overheats and the cd dose not eject all the way. I just talked to a few installers and the cd problem is very common on all pioneer decks. Pioneer has lost there touch and tehre quality as well. So I am done with them anyone wants to ask me about them I am going to tell them straight up there junk and I will never own another thing from them for as long as I am installing them in my car. They are junk and my choice is Alpine.

Yes I mad:furious:

I have 2 pioneers without any problems.Have installed quite a few with minimal problems,but nothing I couldn't fix.

In fact my N1 plays just fine at 152@30hz //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I just look at it this way I am not going to change your mind and the same applies for me chaining yours. I am just voicing my opinion and my decision never to try them again unless someone else wants one.

I just installed a new Pioneer deck that I can't go over 148 db without it skipping. I never had problems with any other Pioneer deck though...just this one.
That must be the new "disturbing the peace limiter" that comes standard with the headunit nowadays //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Iv installed quite a few pioneers but no real problems. I will say after installing alpines, kenwoods, jvc's and panasonics they aren't the best interfaces.

Had a pioneer deck(the one with the dolphins and monster truck onscreen) back in 04',and after removing the faceplate too many times within a couple months the display stopped working right,the cheap connector prongs failed quick!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.