The Start of My Battery Box for Truck Bed

Lakota
5,000+ posts

Doesn't Know $hit
My battery box is near completion. All that it needs is some hinges to that it will open and close. It was first resined then painted over with the bed liner you can buy at Autozone. The Sundown Logo is also painted on. There is weather strip around the top to help seal it up when shut. There will be more treated 2x4's placed inside the box to serve both as bracing and a holding back to keep the batteries from sliding. Right now, there will only be 2 Batcap 3000's in there, but the box can hold up to eight. Soon I plan to take a trip up to Innovative and Cory will help me install 10 runs of 1/0 to the box:laugh: The box will be installed after I get my bed cover:) What ya think?

100_1750.jpg

100_1751.jpg

100_1752.jpg

My battery box is near completion. All that it needs is some hinges to that it will open and close. It was first resined then painted over with the bed liner you can buy at Autozone. The Sundown Logo is also painted on. There is weather strip around the top to help seal it up when shut. There will be more treated 2x4's placed inside the box to serve both as bracing and a holding back to keep the batteries from sliding. Right now, there will only be 2 Batcap 3000's in there, but the box can hold up to eight. Soon I plan to take a trip up to Innovative and Cory will help me install 10 runs of 1/0 to the box:laugh: The box will be installed after I get my bed cover:) What ya think?
100_1750.jpg

100_1751.jpg

100_1752.jpg
Nice..might have to take that idea. Putting batteries in bed gives lots more options for subs.

Once I get to work on installing the 10 runs of 1/0, I'm thinking about adding power and ground ring terminal distro blocks to keep all the wiring neat and at a low resistance. Looks like I may have to go to the scrap yard and get some thick copper //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

looks good. 10 runs? 5 power and 5 neg? or 10 power and 10 neg? lol
I have been thinking 5 powers and 5 grounds. Think I should do more? //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/laugh.gif.48439b2acf2cfca21620f01e7f77d1e4.gif

is that MDF? that swells like crazy and will fall apart if it gets wet. and even if the bedliner is on it, it will still soak up water.
I'm going to have a bed cover and there is also a couple coats of resin on the box.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.