Second Skin Audio FTL...LOL customer service

ls2poweredgoat
5,000+ posts

Womanizer
I had an excellent experience with Second Skin Audio in December 2007, I called and talked to Ant and he offered to give me a discount on some product that had been wrinkled in the machine. I passed on his offer, but called him back roughly 2 weeks later telling him how much $$ I had to spend, and he was VERY generous and upgraded me to Pro, for the same cost.

I received the product shortly after and was VERY impressed with it, and I had never experienced such excellent customer service.

Anyway, on to May 2009. My best friend was looking for sound deadening to deaden his doors with, I told him to call Second Skin Audio and ask to see if they had any damaged product that they could give him at a discount (which is what Ant offered to me).

This is what my buddy said happened...when he called Ant today.

I asked if he had any wrinked or slightly damaged damplifier that he was looking to get rid of cheap, cuzz i just need enough to do my doors. he said why don't you ****ing kids just order what i have set up on the site, all i get is calls like this everyday. I hung up on him and he called me back flipping out on me on why its rude to hang up on someone, i told him it's rude to conduct biz that way and he just lost a ****ing sale, hung up on him again....no call back yet
That's ********.
What did my friend do?? He ordered Dynamat Extreme, he was more than willing to pay the extra $$ for a comparable product.

I'm not full of ****, and neither is my friend, just thought I'd point this out for all you future customers.

Let the fun begin. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

Official SecondSkin Reply Post #70

he might have had a bad day.. your friend didn't want to pay his asking price and him running a business doesn't want to have to bargain with people.. its not a huge deal.. some people are a little thin skinned..

NO way........ Ant is way too active on here to pull some **** like that. I've never bought his product, but I refuse to believe he conducts business over the phone like that. Your "friend" must have wanted some freebies or something.

i don't know if i would have flipped out on the kid, but i could see getting calls about that getting frustrating.

but then again i suppose he would want to get rid of the damaged stuff, so if he has buyers why not just make some money off it and be done with it.

i don't think its really worth it to post here trying to ruin the guys reputation.

NO way........ Ant is way too active on here to pull some **** like that. I've never bought his product, but I refuse to believe he conducts business over the phone like that. Your "friend" must have wanted some freebies or something.
When I talked to him nearly 2 years ago he was SUPER cool, and I told him I'd recommend his product to all my friends that are in to car audio.

My friend isn't full of ****, he doesn't want something for nothing, I told him what Ant offered to me so he tried calling to see if he had any wrinkled product that he couldn't sell for a discount, because it was WRINKLED and couldn't be sent out anyway.

I dunno man, I think there's part of this story missing. People don't flip out for no reason. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

i don't know if i would have flipped out on the kid, but i could see getting calls about that getting frustrating.
but then again i suppose he would want to get rid of the damaged stuff, so if he has buyers why not just make some money off it and be done with it.

i don't think its really worth it to post here trying to ruin the guys reputation.
I'm not trying to ruin the guy's reputation, his product is probably the best out there for the $$. Just making this aware to some of you who plan on calling the guy to order whatever.

I'm done posting in this thread, just wanted to make this aware to some of you and to Ant, because no matter what I say, when you knock on a forum boner, it always goes to hell. Believe it or not, not everyone is perfect, and all of us lose our cool every now and then. The only difference is that he's trying to run a business, and shouldn't take his personal problems out on his customers.

When I talked to him nearly 2 years ago he was SUPER cool, and I told him I'd recommend his product to all my friends that are in to car audio.
My friend isn't full of ****, he doesn't want something for nothing, I told him what Ant offered to me so he tried calling to see if he had any wrinkled product that he couldn't sell for a discount, because it was WRINKLED and couldn't be sent out anyway.
I never said your friend was full of ****, but I want to believe that a businessman such as Ant would know how to handle customers.

I had an excellent experience with Second Skin Audio in December 2007, I called and talked to Ant and he offered to give me a discount on some product that had been wrinkled in the machine. I passed on his offer, but called him back roughly 2 weeks later telling him how much $$ I had to spend, and he was VERY generous and upgraded me to Pro, for the same cost.
I received the product shortly after and was VERY impressed with it, and I had never experienced such excellent customer service.

Anyway, on to May 2009. My best friend was looking for sound deadening to deaden his doors with, I told him to call Second Skin Audio and ask to see if they had any damaged product that they could give him at a discount (which is what Ant offered to me).

This is what my buddy said happened...when he called Ant today.

That's ********.

What did my friend do?? He ordered Dynamat Extreme, he was more than willing to pay the extra $$ for a comparable product.

I'm not full of ****, and neither is my friend, just thought I'd point this out for all you future customers.

Let the fun begin. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif
i'm on your side but not really. from a business aspect, you need to understand that if he had something damaged that he wanted to get rid of, he'd offer it. this is part of the reason that alot of business go mainstream b/c too many ppl try to take advantage of a 1 time deal. this is like when a mom and pop store is slow and someone comes in and the owner decides to help out this 1 person by giving him a great deal. than he goes and tells everyone what he got and how much he paid. than everyone he told goes in a wants that same deal.

I sell cars and sometimes I turn straight dick on people. Little different on what kind of business it is and on what scale, but **** happens. Can't really say it phases me at all.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.