varying port diameter

Participant count
  • Participant list

Alex JB
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
Hi folks,

I was wondering if there is any rule of thumb or web site you'd recommend for understanding how a varying port diameter effects the tune of a port/box?

e.g. having a 4" port with a restriction down to 3" in it or the other way round, a 3" port with a 4" dia bulge in it.

Even understanding what would a 2 stage port diameter would do would help (4" dia for x lenght then 3" dia for y length)

Basically I'm trying to consider how to lower the peak (seems around 40Hz) and increase the lower frequency response of my ported enclosure that I tried to tune to 32Hz.

I'm considering decreasing the CSA of the port to lower the tune and adding egg crate foam behind the subs and/or polly fill stuff to the rest of the space to mimic larger net volume.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.