First Post.. Tell Me What You Think Of My Setup

wafsman
10+ year member

ohio
Hi, name is Hammy. Just found the site and thought I would post up on here to see what you fine folks think of my ideas and maybe y'all can help me come up with some better ideas too. This is my first system and I did it all myself. It is inside of a 99 Nissan Alitma. Let me know what you think.

Head Unit: Pioneer DEH-P1600

Subwoofers: (2) American Bass VFL 1266

Amplifier: JL Audio 250/1

I also have a 10" Eclipse subwoofer and an Orion T300 2-ch amplifier, they work fine, just can't quite get them to sound the way I want them to. Also have an American Pro 800w 4-ch amplifier and a Power Acoustik 400w 4-ch amplifier, but no mids and highs yet. I did have a Pioneer DEH-P7200 head unit, but it is very finnicky and I needed to get it out before I ripped it out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif anyways, the deck now, will be replaced in the future.

My plans for the future is as follows. Please help fill in my blanks with some good suggestions. Any and all ideas are welcome and appreciated in advance.

Head Unit: Something with a USB port in front for a thumb drive

Front & Rear Speakers: Infinity Kappa 6 3/4"

Mids & Highs Amplifier: American Pro Bass 800w 4-ch

Subwoofers: (2) American Bass VFL 1266 & (2) Alpine Type S 12"

Lows Amplifier: Lanzar Optidrive 2000d

Also, if you could help with what kind of accessories, wires, etc. that will probably be need for what I am planning for the future, it would help greatly. Would like to start a Build Log once you all help me figure everything out. Thanks again.

Hi, name is Hammy. Just found the site and thought I would post up on here to see what you fine folks think of my ideas and maybe y'all can help me come up with some better ideas too. This is my first system and I did it all myself. It is inside of a 99 Nissan Alitma. Let me know what you think.

I also have a 10" Eclipse subwoofer and an Orion T300 2-ch amplifier, they work fine, just can't quite get them to sound the way I want them to. Also have an American Pro 800w 4-ch amplifier and a Power Acoustik 400w 4-ch amplifier, but no mids and highs yet. I did have a Pioneer DEH-P7200 head unit, but it is very finnicky and I needed to get it out before I ripped it out //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/verymad.gif.3f39c5c2fd57527b671fad3efdfac756.gif anyways, the deck now, will be replaced in the future.

My plans for the future is as follows. Please help fill in my blanks with some good suggestions. Any and all ideas are welcome and appreciated in advance.

Also, if you could help with what kind of accessories, wires, etc. that will probably be need for what I am planning for the future, it would help greatly. Would like to start a Build Log once you all help me figure everything out. Thanks again.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/popcorn.gif.32dd9e22fd77e77bc3c907062768fcd2.gif

(//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/nono.gif.eca61d170185779e0921b0faa9704973.gif)

o rly?

what kind of numbers you puttin down with that setup?probably high 150s im guessing
wow, you don't know anything about car audio, i can tell.

He's hitting hyper decibels //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif

I suggest you listen to the Infinity Kappas before you purchase them. When I purchased mine last year for my Mustang, I was going on nostalgia because I loved the old green coned Kappas.... Big mistake!

Those tweeters on my new Kappas are harsh and sound un-natural! I am looking to replace the Kappas as soon as the funds are available, or even sooner since I have some CDT mids and Alpine Type R Soft dome tweeters along with the means to go active! I find that the Infinity MMD dome tweeter sounds great in a home environment where it has plenty of space to disburse the sounds, but in a car, it is WAY too harsh.

ok, that was a lot at once. and to be clear, yes i am new at this, as i said before it is my first install. so try not to be too harsh, i promise i will listen.

so, is it just not mixing speakers on the same amp or not mixing speakers at all. my friend has 2 jl w3 12's and 2 kicker comp cvr 10's on one 1800w visonik amp and it's pretty loud, but he has it tweaked for rock music only, with that real tight punchy, thumpy bass. it sounds ok, but i listen to more bass heavy music, 3 6 mafia style bass heavy music. my 2 american bass sound pretty good on my 250, they are dual 6-ohm wired to 1.5 ohms, and they hit pretty hard, but i think it could be a lot louder.

i would like to stay at about $600-700 for everything i don't already have to use for the install.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.