Will this give me more out put?

Participant count
  • Participant list

dave_damage
10+ year member

Soundstream Nut Swinger
Sorry if this is a dumb question. I have 2 Soundstream 12in Van Gogh 12'D4 500 watts RMS subs wired @1ohm on a Soundstream Rubicon 1002 giving them around 500 watts each. They are made for small sealed box. They are not recommend to be ported. I have them in a .75 cube box. Would I get any more output buy adding another 12' but keeping the same amp? I have a common chamber box that after displacement will still be about .75cubes per sub. My amp puts out full power at 1,2 and 4ohms bridged. Sorry if this is a retarded question. Dont want to waste my time doing this if its not going to increase output. thanks for reading and replying in advance.

ok i just skimmed what you read.. but basically if the amount of power is going to be the same.. then you wont really hear a difference, it might sound a little cleaner cause more cone area and less prone to distortion, since each speaker is handling less, but i dont think it would be worth it unless you're really over driving each speaker

putting them in a bigger sealed box would probaly let you get a little deeper and make them slightly more efficient in certain freqency ranges.. you might lose a little output in the 50-60 range, but the subs must also be designed for the size box you put them in, otherwise they wont sound as good

assuming the ohm load will be optimal, it will be louder. I would try them ported first though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yeah but if he was has two wired to 1.. i doubt hes gonna wanan throw another in parralel because i highly doubt that amp would stay stable and wiring one in series would just unbalance everything

The amp was ran at .35 ohms daily for 7 years so that is not a issue. As stated in my OP the subs are not recommended for porting. These are sq woofers.

2ynl01j.gif

my amp will do full power at this ohm load

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.