battery questions

Participant count
  • Participant list

BigMoneyTT
10+ year member

I have an Orion 2500D and a Rockford Fosgate Power 800a4 that I would like to run in my car. I have upgraded my alt to a 200amp Ohio Generator and upgraded to 0 gauge Big 3, but at the moment I am still using the stock battery. Before I install everything I want to get a better idea of what to do with the electrical system to avoid problems down the road. How many batteries should I be running for this setup? Can I keep the stock battery up front to run the engine while using a large deep cycle in the trunk to run the amps? If so, is a Kinetik HC2400 the way to go or should I be looking at something else?

It's all gonna be crammed into a 2005 Ford Focus sedan. Thanks for the input guys. I was actually thinking in that same direction... but I think I heard somewhere that it's a no-no to mix regular wet cell batteries and deep cycle dry batteries in the same setup. Is there any truth or reason to that? If there's nothing wrong with doing so I'll probably start with the HC2400 in back with the stock battery under the hood.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.