Sign in to follow this  
newyorkjets00

switching keyless entry??

ok so my 98 sonoma came with a keyless entry already on it but when i bought the truck the kid had lost the remotes they wants 60 and 40 to program it but i found a biper keyless and remote start for 50 brand new.. was wondering how hard it would be to swap out the brain for the remote start.. i have wired remote start before but just curious about the factory keyless stuff..

If an aftermarket system is already there then it should be pretty easy to swap it out. Do you know the brand?

If it is stock then you are starting from scratch. The stock system is built into the truck.

We sell the Viper 211 for $130 installed.

Depending on your DIY skills you could add one for $50.

http://cgi.ebay.com/KEYLESS-ENTRY-W-2-FOUR-BUTTON-REMOTES-NEW-IN-BOX_W0QQitemZ220279612182QQihZ012QQcategoryZ94833QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

ya a friend has a viper 571XV new in box for 50$ but i was just wondering how hard it is to do the keyless.. i have hooked up a remote start before just wondering about it..

Keyless is much easier than remote start. You have passlock so you will need a bypass module for remote start. 556L

Keyless is much easier than remote start. You have passlock so you will need a bypass module for remote start. 556L

He has passlock so he will need a bypass for the locks as well....so keyless entry or remote start you need a module...

No you won't need a bypass for locks. He will need a bypass for the passlock. The last vehicle you installed on did not require a bypass module.

so i need a module plus a keyless kit?

Oh for the love of Mike.

You need a remote start keyless entry and a bypass module.

Only those two items.

it seems like you are over thinking. If you want to get a keyless entry then there is no need for the remote start.

Here ya go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DEI-712T-Keyless-Entry-System-Valet-712T-716T_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ6763QQihZ017QQitemZ270185924666QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

if u can find some remote cheap that are for your truck for keyless entry you can find out how to program them on a forum for your vehicle type

i know for my f150 i know how to program remotes and keys as well

so this would b all i need?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=230290505200

Oh for the love of Mike.

You need a remote start keyless entry and a bypass module.

Only those two items.

it seems like you are over thinking. If you want to get a keyless entry then there is no need for the remote start.

Here ya go.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/DEI-712T-Keyless-Entry-System-Valet-712T-716T_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQ_trksidZp1638Q2em118Q2el1247QQcategoryZ6763QQihZ017QQitemZ270185924666QQrdZ1QQsspagenameZWD1V

a little off topic, but I have a 1990 Buick LeSabre that has power locks and windows, but no keyless entry. Also has a trunk release button in the glove box, but the key has to be turned on for the button to work.

How hard would it be to install a keyless entry kit on the car? never done keyless or alarms or anything. Also, could I make the keyless pop the trunk?

Easy 20 minute job for anyone that has experience with it. If you're a rookie, it'll be about an hour. Both the locks and the trunk are [+] pulse, so you'll need to use relays.

Easy 20 minute job for anyone that has experience with it. If you're a rookie, it'll be about an hour. Both the locks and the trunk are [+] pulse, so you'll need to use relays.

thats what i like about the units with the onboard relays for the door locks no need for relays.