Nice Install w/pics - Cutting Edge

mlstrass
5,000+ posts

Shaggy DOA
Illinois
Decided the old Altima just wasn't cutting it with the active front stage, tons of deadener, hours of tuning, etc... Sure it sounded good inside the car, but that's not really what we're trying to achieve, as how it sounds outside the car is of the utmost importance.

I had to go back to the drawing board and seriously rethink all I thought I knew about car audio as I had obviously failed. I've incorporated some rather unique/advanced techniques that I'm sure many will want to copy, so I've included pics with a description of each sonic advantage, so others may learn from my expertise.

First up I redid the front stage. It's based upon a HT speaker layout with a WMTMW. I've also noticed that at speeds over 55mph I get a 5dB boost in the upper midrange which is a plus that the guys at the local car wash appreciate when I drive by. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

1001745dr2.jpg

Since you can never have too many highs I also added a set of Super Gold 10,000watt tweeters. Nice and bright, but they had a hump around 15khz which I can easily tame by hitting the wiper fluid button. My reservior is filled with a special JL fluid that gives me a quick -3dB of attenuation upon contact with the tweeters.

1001747lg7.jpg

Many complain of alternator whine, etc... which I've since learned is caused by power wires passing through the firewall as it's a source of great EMF. I was easily able to get around that and show off my 4/0 blue monster cable.

Also notice the variable position ground wire. If by chance I do get any whine, simply flipping on the wipers relocates the ground to a more favorable position.

1001748jm0.jpg

I've also partnered with Vifa and will be mass producing the "ring radiator hub caps" for most domestic/import vehicles.

I had some issues with off-axis performance that was quickly rectified by turning the steering wheel 30degrees to the left. Of course it's now a ***** to get anywhere only making left turns, but it's a small price to pay for true audiophile sound.

1001749nj2.jpg

I've noticed some cancellation issues on the rear tweeters though, probably the sound waves reflecting back off the curb, so I'll probably be installing 33" mudders which will also raise stage height.

1001751ei0.jpg

I've also found a way to update older HU's. By simply mounting them externally and driving around in the rain I get automatic EQ setting changes, random play for CD's, etc... Also notice the space age polymer mounting system that's good for several dB's over other systems.

1001753ae9.jpg

Well now that my killer external system has attracted the attention I so desire, I must also show off what I've installed, so thieves will know right away if my equipment is worth stealing or not.

1001754xm6.jpg

Also had to bring up the lagging rear stage, so enter Blitz audio. The output of these drivers is so amazing I'm actually able to shut the engine off and drive down the highway purely on audio power.

1001755py9.jpg

The quartet of Blitz mids flanking the Bazooka subwoofer is pure audio nirvana that can be heard from blocks away. I now qualify as a mobile DJ //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

1001756qb6.jpg

By incorporating the midranges into the actual exhaust I'm able to change frequency response/xover settings by mearly accelerating and changing gears.

1001757pr9.jpg

I'm not really sure about this last part as for some stupid reason I put a set of coax's in the rear doors, inside the car. WTF was I thinking....

1001760ia5.jpg

1001761js4.jpg

BTW....been on liquid vicodin for the past 4 days after having surgery, not that you could tell by my recent posts //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/yumyum.gif.0556df42231b304b9c995aefd13928a8.gif//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crazy.gif.c13912c32de98515d3142759a824dae7.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.