Interchangable Port Box- Round 2

bjfish11
5,000+ posts

FisherCustoms.com
Chris has done it again. Another bad ass design. BUT!!!, the customer wanted to go one step farther. This will not have two ports, but THREE!. 30, 35, and 40hz. This box will be left bare.

Wont get started on it tonight. Need to get the cutsheet all figured out, as well as a little more paperwork that will go along with this. Tomorrow night is the plan to get rolling on this one, but to tempt you guys a little.....

Design-2.jpg

Great idea. I've never heard or seen such enclosure. I know of some that go from sealed to ported, but not freq adjustments. I'll be checking back to see the progress. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

theres a way to do it, that way will look much cleaner..if executed correctly, you cant tell its interchangable....and there really isnt any need for the actual opening of the box to be so large.

Well considering the box of port 1 will be 12" wide and 13.5" tall, yes the opening does have to be that large. It only has a half inch of play...

Well considering the box of port 1 will be 12" wide and 13.5" tall, yes the opening does have to be that large. It only has a half inch of play...
none of the port openings are 12" wide in that drawing..dont really understand why your making little boxes for the ports.

2 of the ports arent typical L shape ports, hence the need for a wide box, to get the correct length.
you dont need that large of an opening just because the port bends..you shouldnt have to make it but a few inches wider than the widest port at the most..I made a bunch of these a few years back, a few for people on here. Ill try to find some pics

I guess Im not following you.... but there is no wasted space inside of the ports. Maybe Chris will step in, all this design stuff is over my head lol

I'm definitely interested to see a method to fit a 30-something inch long port into a 4" opening, because I couldn't find a much better way to do it...

I think we can agree though that there is no one right way to do these.... and this way works. This will be the 5th or 6th one I've done similar to this, and so far everyone has been extremely pleased with the results.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.