bracing

I would do one on each side of the sub from top to the bottom and 2 from the front to the back. Get the largest wooden dowel you can find. I ended up using 2x2 from lowes to do all of my bracing.

4.2@36, 500-1000watts

how would you brace this box?

not really sure where to place dowels...

untitledmc0.jpg
I would do 4 vertical dowels. Imagine a square around the sub, place a dowel in each corner of the imaginary square.

I'm placing the woofer on the front of my box and I'm making a double baffle for it. I'm also using (2) dowels for bracing the middle of the box...

37long5ri.jpg

I would double the face also.

I have always used all thread to brace a box. It is pretty simple, cheap, and IMO, more effective than wooden dowels because you can torque it down //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

I would double the face also.
I have always used all thread to brace a box. It is pretty simple, cheap, and IMO, more effective than wooden dowels because you can torque it down //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif
Ugly as hell though.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.