Best 4x6 speakers?

TribeX85
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
hey guys, was wondering if you guys might suggest some good 4x6 speakers for my 02 silverado, I had 6x9's I was planning on using till I found out they wouldnt fit :S, I would like to keep them, and a friend of mine suggested trying to micky mouse the 6x9's in. I was thinking about doing a custom fiberglass inclosure for them in the door panels. Any suggestions? help will be greatly appriciated! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

if you are gonna make door pods, get some 6.5 mids or comps. i wanna know how the hell you think a 6x9 will fit in a 4x6 hole? as far as 4x6's try the infinity kappa plate speakers, however i recommend door pods and components

2000 chevy door panels,jacked from fiberglass forums.com people are making them and sellin them over there if ur interested.

518721_313_full.jpg

hmm or that lol, I have Infinity Kappa Perfect 6.5's that I plan to use in the front, thats why I think I only need a good set of 4x6's for now then maybe later do a custom install for another set of 6.5's.

you can fit the 6x9's in the rear doors if it is the extended cab where they open backwards, and not the 4 door crew cab. you can pop out the plastic rivits on the back of the panel where the factory 4x6 grill is attached to and remove that panel. cut out a hole to let the 6x9's sound through. recover that panel with some matching color grill cloth, and then reattach it. there's about a dozen different ways to do this, im sure you can figure it out. then use your trusty airsaw and enlarge the 4x6 hole into a 6x9 hole. mount your speaker, and you're good to go. and anyone that looks at it would never know that the truck didn't come that way.

if that's over your head, i'd recommend the boston 746's as one of the all time best sounding 4x6 speakers.

you can fit the 6x9's in the rear doors if it is the extended cab where they open backwards, and not the 4 door crew cab. you can pop out the plastic rivits on the back of the panel where the factory 4x6 grill is attached to and remove that panel. cut out a hole to let the 6x9's sound through. recover that panel with some matching color grill cloth, and then reattach it. there's about a dozen different ways to do this, im sure you can figure it out. then use your trusty airsaw and enlarge the 4x6 hole into a 6x9 hole. mount your speaker, and you're good to go. and anyone that looks at it would never know that the truck didn't come that way.
if that's over your head, i'd recommend the boston 746's as one of the all time best sounding 4x6 speakers.

i Owned a set of those 746 speakers..they sounded probably just as good as my polk 6.5" comps off half the power.

^^^^ Yes! thats what i had in mind, and yes it is the suicide door 02 Silverado, ok so with some help from Enzo and some others I decided to go with Rainbow's in the front and if i can do the Install of the 6x9's then Im keeping my Infinity's. Thanks for the suggestions and ideas!

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.