Please help me pick out some sub-$150 components

CiminoUM5

Alright, I've done an absurd amount of searches in this forum and I think I've narrowed down my choices a bit. Here's my current setup:

Pioneer 7500mp

DEI 2055 comps

ESX q1204

(2) JL 10W0-8ohms

The JLs and DEIs have seen better days and are going to be replaced. I'm likely going to go with the AA Assassins (whenever they're available/in stock again) to replace the JLs.

I love the way the DEIs sound, for a reference of what I like. Clean but smooth tweeters (not a fan of super-bright ones) and some nice punchy midbass. I'm SQ all the way, don't really care about SPL.

What 5.25s would you guys recommend for $150 or less (preferably less)? So far I'm thinking my best options are:

- CDT C51s

- Crystal SSCs

- a/d/s 245ix

I'd love to have Rainbows, but they're out of my price range. I believe I've seen a some people recommend a set of reasonably priced Orions...how do they stack up to the above comps?

Also keep in mind that the ESX will be pushing ~ 120w to whatever I get.

Thanks for the help.

MB Quart Discus or Reference would be right up your alley. Their tweets arent as bright as the higher-end models.
I've heard some 4" MB Quart Reference, and the highs where kinda harsh, they weren't amped, on the -6db slope thing and the head unit was on -2 highs. There midwoofers where great, clear, kinda punchy (weren't amped) and warm. Thats just my .02 on MB quart. I would look into some Diamond Audio components, I think the D6 is like 150 shipped on Ebay. Well good luck to you.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.