1 comp set vs 2 comp sets

which would keep up better

• Image Dynamics Chameleon (1 pair 150w 6 1/2)

Votes: 4 80.0%
  • Kicker or Alpine (2 pair 150w total 6 1/2's)

Votes: 1 20.0%

• Total voters
    Participant count
  • Participant list

TwistedMovistar
10+ year member

I'm So Konfuzed
i have a delimmia.

i am wondering what would be better for my front stage.

i have a orion 300.2 (75x2@4ohm) (150x2@2ohm).

i have a choice of gettin a set of image dynamics chameleons 6/12 @ 2 ohms (150w)

or

2 sets of 6 1/2 comps (kicker or alpine) that share 75w. One set in the door and one in a qlogic kick panel)

they will have to keep up with a Re Mt 12 @ 2500+ watts....

vote and tell why- thanks

The IDs. Ive never heard them, but have heard nothing but good things. I would stay away from doing two sets of components as you have to factor in the chance of cancellation. Just do one quality set and feed it a lot of power. Its going to be tough keeping up with an MT but you can probably do it....

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

Similar threads

I know that feeling. I just changed headunits, so along with a DSP I have a 21 band parametric EQ on the HU. Since I have to plug my computer in...
The Polks, the Kappas are great speakers and the Memphis units you have are good too. In your situation, keeping with the same dome material is...
Hi again, I appreciate all the suggestions and have my budget minded options down to 1 or 2 choices. I have noticed CDT, Image Dynamics and a...
Time alignment is used to delay every speaker closer than the furthest to have the sound hit the listeners ears at exactly the right time. If this...
You can get close with tones, but music signal is all OVER the place in both frequencies and voltages. Like, if you listen to rap, the bass line...

About this thread

TwistedMovistar

10+ year member
I'm So Konfuzed
TwistedMovistar
South Memphis, Tennessee
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date