CDT EF-61CF vs. HD-62

jacka
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
CA
How does each set compare? I know the HD is a step above the EF, but by what margin? I have the EF in my possession but I might upgrade to the HD, havent heard it yet. One of the reasons is my amp is 180 watts X 2. Seems like the HD will handle the power a lot better, but it's a bit more money. Is it worth the upgrade or should I just run 180 to my EF's?

Do you have the DRT-25s tweet? If not i'd upgrade the tweets to get them. Also the EF CF have a nicer midbass to the EF's but the HD's have a slightly better emphasis on the mids.

I had the EF and my problem with them is that they crossover way to high for the mids(4k hz, I think) and even though the mids are decent I could hear a harshness that was hard to tune out. That's just a personal thing. I've noticed that the sets that crossover the mid around 2k hz sound much better to my ears and you can tune out harshness because it's in the tweeter. 4k hz is supposed to be a range where your ears are very sensitive.

I haven't heard the HD's but from what I've read they're a big step up.

Depending on what you want to spend you might want to look at other brands. I'm getting the OZ Matrix set for my wife's car and in my car I have the Seas Performance set. I love the Seas.

crossover point IIRC is around 2.5khz or 3khz. I personally would go for the HD-62's. If you have a good substage or possibly thinking of a 3way setup, I'd go for the ES-620 with a HD-4 or EF-5 for the midrange woofer. Also I hope to be selling Hybrid Audio Legatia's soon and with the performance the L3's have given me I am very impressed with them and can only think that if the performance of a 3in driver is that impressive than the oversized 6.5 will be awesome. I'm hoping to do two sets of them in the door...that about the same cone area of a 10in woofer in each door!

xover point with the 400 xover is 4.3khz, xover point on the 560 is 3.7khz. If you will be running 180x2rms i suggest you get the hd set with the 560 xovers. The 480 and 400 xovers may run the tweets into protection at high volume listening with that kind of power. It doesnt always happen but some xovers are more sensitive than others.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.