danteBirosel

Dante's 7 cu.ft. SQL Enclosure! [ Worklog ] [PICS]

Finally!!!!! Been getting so many people instant messaging me about how my 18" sounds and just yesterday, i actually started putting it together. Yes i know, i been having this 18" and had sex for it for a quite long time now, but in a few days, i will finally feed it POWA!!!

I want to thank PowernAudio & Trigger for the help on the design and also want to thank all of you guys for the support and on nagging me about my 18". :p:

Didn't get to take pictures of all the wood being cut, due to forgeting to take pics. But ended up taking pics during this process:

dsc072394ro.jpg

There i have the left side up, and i created my own little 6.5" width port guide. It's there laying right next to the left side piece.

dsc072380wu.jpg

Here's the front and port piece being added:

dsc072416zi.jpg

Here's a good view of my 2 clamps and corner clamp:

dsc072403ob.jpg

Back view:

dsc072422mc.jpg

Ohhh look at this pic, im busting the Jordan Tyler measurement :laugh: :

dsc072449wr.jpg

Showing how pretty accurate this baby is (6.5" port FTW!!!):

dsc072436mw.jpg

Phew.... night hits. Finally got that back piece in:

dsc072457uq.jpg

....next page....

also known as... LivinLife

[ References ] q-ball (kickerL5), ssackett (yellowtop), chaarlieee, Kenny Polluck (motoBTheadset), BassAddictJ, Iamamp3pimp (enclosure), lilmaniac2 (paintball gun, motors, & others), cardinalsfan (I paid half, den paid the rest), amorsh (sub), nVRuckus, LeofromtheH (amp), k4rts, rassymx, sublime0420x, lax916, ilaydit, KSilver2000, Raven, mtdewelf, SiX, KngOfThePkngLot, Dozy_production, supa_c, davidfre21, trevor87, bumpn_gt, Pistonsfav70, dbubble & moreeee!!!

THIS IS MY BOX! NOT YOURS! :p:

dsc072501yj.jpg

Next day hits. I get it fully spray painted and COCKed up. I mean Caulked Up.

dsc000721cj.jpg

Another View:

dsc000731hm.jpg

Top View:

dsc000744fh.jpg

How it will look with the top:

dsc000752un.jpg

Angle Shot:

dsc000761no.jpg

omg the port!!!!

dsc000771us.jpg

to be continueddddddddddddddddddd.....

[ References ] q-ball (kickerL5), ssackett (yellowtop), chaarlieee, Kenny Polluck (motoBTheadset), BassAddictJ, Iamamp3pimp (enclosure), lilmaniac2 (paintball gun, motors, & others), cardinalsfan (I paid half, den paid the rest), amorsh (sub), nVRuckus, LeofromtheH (amp), k4rts, rassymx, sublime0420x, lax916, ilaydit, KSilver2000, Raven, mtdewelf, SiX, KngOfThePkngLot, Dozy_production, supa_c, davidfre21, trevor87, bumpn_gt, Pistonsfav70, dbubble & moreeee!!!

its gonna be awesome, yO! :)

Head Unit: Alpine 9815 Front Stage: Alpine SPX-177r

Front Stage Amp: Pioneer gm-x374 Sub: JL 12w6v2 in a 1.5cu ft vented enclosure

Sub Amp: Kenwood KAC-8151D Music Source: 60gb Ipod Photo through alpine kca-420i.

Orange.jpg

what i will be working on tonight...?

uhhh...?

nothing. lol.. ill finish it off tomorrow. too tired.

-Dante

Looks pretty good.

Just about as good as you can do with an 18" unless you go with a much larger box ;)

Herb is the healing of a nation, alcohol is the destruction. - Bob Marley

2005 Subaru WRX

1990 Honda CRX Si

Refs.: NHustlar, t00p, Kenny Pollock, vitveet, defj., mendon99, trevor87, saltyreefguy, willster, Iammurph, Dimensions684, kungfoojesus, karleon, bonestock, highhorsepwr, digital_ripper04, scottie johnson, stevew007, slammed, joshs98runner, PBateman, Sakura, duece212, mtx11, dirtye30, queball, audioarsonal, KHARPS. Not including box designs.

Looks pretty good.

Just about as good as you can do with an 18" unless you go with a much larger box ;)

dont worry bro. this wont be my last log..... :up2somet:

Bracing?

HDRibanner.jpg

Loserpunk [buyer]

Kevokrook77 [buyer] x2

HCCAfan [buyer]

PRIVATEpastry [seller]

Trevor87 [seller]

Manosteel916 [buyer]

Vosschs [buyer]

jaberocs [buyer]

6spdcoupe [buyer]

Klepto [seller]

XxSuperAdamxX [seller]

kpozr2 [buyer]

Bracing?

i might, with wooden dowels. but im going to flush the sub, so it will be double baffled by a 20x20 piece. which will reduce it from flexing and also have the port for support.

-dante

That thing is huge:crazy:

just thinking about it... i think i can probably fit inside. LOL

-dante

:crying:

[21:08] Devillain00: its too big

[21:08] Plain Dante: :-p

[21:08] Devillain00: break it and build another one

I didnt even realize it was for an xxx, that sh*t should wang pretty good.

Yup.

newsigdante2tr.gif

hahhahahaha...!!!!

yo i want to add one 45 degree corner piece. i know the height is easy to figure and i know to cut each side of the piece 45 degrees. But how do i figure out the width of the piece?? Also, should i resin it?

-dante

Resin - i wouldnt, but you can.

wood glue and a couple screws will hold it in piece.....but if your gonna do one, you should do 4.....one for each unported corner. I'd brace or double baffle the sides, because that XXX will probably break it apart. Where do you get those clamps at tho? - I bet they are cheap as hell too.....would make things a ton easier, i tell you that.

the 6.5 inch port piece is the shiz too......I am really liking this box so far.

http://www.BassHeadsENT.net for all your custom enclosure needs

Offering build service and expertise in the Tampa area as well as enclosures shipped nationwide!

Robin@BassHeadsENT.net

391874_337578072933336_156931164331362_1166774_1531439123_n.jpg

Check this thread for all the build logs being posted.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/supporting-vendors-%2Anew%2A/550131-bass-heads-entertainment-buildlog-hotlinks-thread.html

whats it tuned at?

http://www.BassHeadsENT.net for all your custom enclosure needs

Offering build service and expertise in the Tampa area as well as enclosures shipped nationwide!

Robin@BassHeadsENT.net

391874_337578072933336_156931164331362_1166774_1531439123_n.jpg

Check this thread for all the build logs being posted.

http://www.caraudio.com/forums/supporting-vendors-%2Anew%2A/550131-bass-heads-entertainment-buildlog-hotlinks-thread.html

looking good so far, clean and precise cuts too. i like it.

i would suggest using the brace, to help the walls not soo much the top but thee walls, they should be keeped like on the design. or any other way/

again good job on the build up.

keep us up dated.

[sIGPIC][/sIGPIC]

AIM:powernaudio,yahoo:powernaudio,email address: powernaudio at gmail.com contact me if you need any help.

Portafolio

builds

more builds

saturn l300 build

videos

References:Mr.Loki,dubbinjet,trucktoy,fancynapkin,netherland,Datdudedru,hockey1playa33,

donbon86,PhatTonyDeMar,Saywhat?,vosschs,ChuckKlocker,budlightman361,baseballer1100,elslug,

bdogg321,projectpat06,eatank,BodegaBay,playboyclic,cbrrocketrdr,iwanturmags,pboulos,DaBeholder,

bholtmeier,beatthis27,OldManTod,MTXman,Gianotti.

good job bro, instead of using wooden dowels use threaded rod ;) looks good keep up the good job ;)

egg

Team DefJ

http://www.myspace.com/loudinspl

64182a0.jpg

WWW.JAGGEDEDGEKUSTUMVINYL.NET

REF'S:

VOSSCHS-NJACK2AF-WOWIMZZ-DECIPHA-AZNGOTSKILLS-TRAFFICJAMZ-MILLIONARE1-QTRHORSE

TSL13505-DJL(2)-KNOTSLCK-KYLEC-KNUKONCEPTZ(4)-KEIFERSRACING-TEAM H&K

ANDRIZZLE-95BLACKGA(3)-MAX_POWER-POUNDINDAK69-DVRMSTRNG-BLONG131-PIMPDADDYQ

NOPH33RACING-KPR10IS-XTREMEBASSJUNKY-ENVEE 02-J3M CONCEPTS(3)

CONNERSDAD19(6)-SNOOPDAN(2)-SUNDOWNZ(3)-MRWIGGLEZDJ-ASTYL-BLAZIN_JASON-GOT_FOCUS?

SPLCHOICE-DBDESIGNSELITE-JEREMY M-GLADIATOR_JAI-QTIPEXTRA(2)-BJFISH11(2)

MEMPHISFLEX-CHA0-BBALL09124-BUCKYBOY-CURTIS1993-ICPURPLEPPLALOT-BMBORSK-P3BUMPIN-DEFJ165

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new FREE account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now