Dj-torn

Reliable Car Battery

Soon I will have to replace my battery, and for the longest time I had my eyes set on the Yellow Top, but after reading peoples reviews... I would rather go to Wally world and get there $50 battery.

So in short I know im looking for 3 mayor qualities in batteries

1. CCA Cold Crank Amps

- "Number of amps the battery can produce at 32 degrees F for 30 seconds"*

2. Reserve Capacity

- " The number of minuets a battery can deliver 25 amps while keeping a voltage about 10.5V"*

3. Price

- Price/ (Reliablity x Warranty)

Mods I didn't know where this would go, this seemed like the best place for it, move in need be.

* How Stuff Works

just get what your car needs no need to spend 100+ for an optima.

I have one of the everstart MAXX's from walmart. Works great, and all i have to do to get a new one is just take it in with the receipt. ;)

Walmart return policy FTW.

I love my yellow top...had a die hard, a everstart, and a duralast gold from autozone and the yellowtop owns all of them.

very happy with my interstates. Long lasting and strong.

I have a blue top in my monte, which also holds up well. One odd thing, it doesn't store as well as the interstates - it seems to lose its charge faster when sitting.

i have one of the smaller kinetiks for sale ... doing dbdrag so no need for this thing anymore.... if ur interested let me know... i think its the 1400

ill tell you what, im going into the navy soon, and i gave my kinetik HC1800 to a close friend of mine because it was a waste to keep it in the car i had it in (going to my sister) and i know he could use it more than anyone.

i traded him for his redtop, and the redtop is crap compared to the kinetik. i can feel it lag when i start the engine and oen time, my car completly turned off while i was blasting my system at nearly max volume.

i dunnaw. that never ever happened with my kinetik, only the day after i changed it did that happen.

ill tell you what, im going into the navy soon, and i gave my kinetik HC1800 to a close friend of mine because it was a waste to keep it in the car i had it in (going to my sister) and i know he could use it more than anyone.

i traded him for his redtop, and the redtop is crap compared to the kinetik. i can feel it lag when i start the engine and oen time, my car completly turned off while i was blasting my system at nearly max volume.

i dunnaw. that never ever happened with my kinetik, only the day after i changed it did that happen.

could also have something to do with the post connectors on the red top, and bolt on the kinetik... I much prefer the bolt.

If they guy is lookng for cheap power, interstate all day... or hit up walmart, and just return them when they get weaker.

As far as a nice sealed/expensive battery, the hc1800 might be an option.

juss get a yellow and call it a day

Surprisingly, I agree with you...

Although I bought a YT because I was lazy and couldn't wait, if I had gone online I probably would have found better deals...

buy my kinetik

I'm not looking to break my bank right now, especially since i'm out of a job...

So i guess the questions are;

How old is it? Whats the charge left on it, What size is it? How much are you asking?

I've never bought a used battery don't know what i should be looking for.

Ok, so i was able to get on Consumer Reports.ORG and this is the way they ranked the batteries;

Quick Picks

Best for cold climates:

1 NAPA $80 (65)

4 ACDelco $90 (65)

13 ACDelco $90 (75)

22 EverStart $40 (24/24F), CR Best Buy

24 EverStart $60 (34/78), CR Best Buy

32 NAPA $60 (35)

34 Autocraft $50 (35)

The EverStarts (22, 24) are especially good values within their group sizes.

If you live where it’s warm:

1 NAPA $80 (65)

2 Duralast $60 (65), CR Best Buy

15 NAPA $70 (75)

26 ACDelco $90 (34/78)

32 NAPA $60 (35)

34 Autocraft $50 (35)

All of these scored relatively well in life and reserve capacity. The NAPAs (1, 15, 32) and Autocraft (34) scored well for CCA, a plus for trips to cold areas. Also consider the Nascar (16) if you’re willing to trade some life for a low price.