Sign in to follow this  
Jaice

Infinity References vs Kappas

I'm need some new 6.5's for the doors of my 02 Chevy Monte Carlo. I'm looking at some Infinitys. I can get the 2-way References for about $85 at Circuit City or $72 from woofersetc, but I see the price for the Kappas are reasonable. The Kapaas would be about $103, but is it much of a difference between the two? Both would be amplified. I'm not really interested in comps. Also, I blew the factory bose tweeters in the doors, can anyone recommend a good pair of tweeters that arent too highly priced, and the Infinity tweeters ok? I also have 4 other tweeters also, there cheapos, so would be some good replacments, everything is amplified.

Also, I know they don't produce much bass, I already have subs.

I personally dislike them, way too harsh for me.

REFS:JimJ, DBfan187, jimj, ology audio, excelerater, private pastry, kenny pollock, priosonnumber6, johnnyber, mattmmcs, vosschs, lax916, davidfre21, iceteebone, cd6551, vladd and others that I cant remember off the top of my head

I feel like when im bumpin once it gets dark....the street lights often go out. I was driving home the other night and like 3 street lights went out in like 15 minutes.

Does this happen a lot to any of you??

Also if you have had the twix ice cream......isnt it amazing!

damn. 8 10"s?........80" of cone area FTW!

I used to own a set of 6.5 Kappas and I wasn't very impressed. They were VERY harsh like bimma said. I haven't heard the Reference comps but the Reference subs are pretty decent.

99 Mitsubishi Galant

CDT Audio CL 62's

CDT Audio UP219's

CDT Audio CL1215

3 MTX Thunder 2160's

Alpine 9835

GO IRISH!

the kappa speakers imho are very harsh. I'm currently running 6.5" Reference in the front and rear of my CRX with 2 12" Reference running off of my Crossfire BMF1000D. The system is crisp, clear, and still gets the point across that it has some boom

Low to the earth and stanced

i loved the sound of my kappa 6x9 and components, nice loud and clear, but then again im more of an aggresive listner, when i had a arc 4050 the 6x9 used to make a nasty distorted EXTREMELY harsh sound on some notes on the tweeter, every other amp i used never did that.

i have the reference 6.5'' for sale $65 band new. put in for about a week. only fed 18 watt form the head unit. i loved the way the sounded in my truck i still have the dash speakers.

refs- 80 inches, bumpn_gt, hot Carl,alphakenny1,zenkar, Bring97,dleccord,GemaRastem,cyantist,ill-faded, livin life, bjfish11, bodega bay,spy,jamesw,JBLCAMRY

feedback thread- http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?p=1598072#post1598072

Truck build log-http://www.caraudio.com/forum/showthread.php?t=400050

Create a free account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
Sign in to follow this