Memphis amp question

alexkerhead
10+ year member

With Class, M-Class
OK, so, I got a 500watt rms class -D Memphis amplifier.

I am getting two 10 inch m-class, dual voice coils each.

I need to know, is there going to be too much strain on the amp with two dual voice coil subs?

I know I should have gone with svc, but too late.

Another question.

I dnt want to wire two terminal sets up for each speaker on the box I built, so is it ok if I wire the two voice coils together in a sequence, like pos, neg, pos, neg ?

Or do I need to just run them together acting as one voice coil?

I appreciate the help.

I always wanted a high quality memphis system, I finally am getting the chance to own one, so I dont want to fry anything.

Not a rule for the amps stability, however you might want to search the link for the ohms law rules,

shows you yor different options of wiring your subs to your amp. and how it affects the ohms

I think Rockford has such a link

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.