Participant count
  • Participant list

BassAddictJ
5,000+ posts

CarAudio.com Veteran
FL
Item(s) for Sale:

:yumyum:Zapco:yumyum: Z150S2

Pretty sure this is an older model that was the predecessor to the Studio 150. Serial # 217, nice

Item(s) Description/Condition:

Few small scratches here or there. Check out the close up pics. Overall decent condition considering it's age.

Specs (from ampguts.com)

2 x 75W @ 4 ohm (

2 x 150W @ 2 ohm (

1 x 300W @ 4 ohm bridged

Other specs:

S/N Ratio 110dB

T.I.M. .002%

Seperation 65dB

Slew rate 50 V/uS

Damping Factor 300 @ 4 ohms

Input Sensitivity .25-2.5 volts

Power Requirements 22amps, max, @ 2 ohm

Fuse Internal, 20A

Minimum Load 2ohms Nominal Stereo, 4 ohms nominal mono

Idle Current .85A

Dimensions 11.625"x6"x2.25"

Price:

$125 OBO shipped and insured to your door fedex 2-4 day ground

Miscellaneous Item Information:

Also noted that the inside of the backplate has a little sticker with a hand written "6-94 RCA updated"...seems the RCA's were updated by Zapco in 1994. Those are the best years for high quality amps IMO. You cant beat the quallity in this level and era of production....

Item Pictures:

P1160284.jpg

P1160286.jpg

P1160288.jpg

P1160290.jpg

P1160295.jpg

size reference....this amp is SMALL, but packs an amazing clean punch for those mids/highs

P1160299.jpg

P1160282.jpg

inside sticker on the backplate

P1160281.jpg

nudez coming in next post

Ref's: I've been selling here for years. This amp is tested and fully functional, you're in good hands. PM me for paypal info or questions

Last edited by a moderator:
Cool lookin' torroid. I love the more slender amps from the 90's, like these and the US Acoustics USA series...I'm going to have to open mine up and check them out some time.

Whoever gets this can grab a Z100S2 off ebay for a good price too and have a killer pair of amps for an active setup.

Whoever gets this can grab a Z100S2 off ebay for a good price too and have a killer pair of amps for an active setup.
**** tempting to keep this and grab that lol. just can tpart wiht the arts though...too god **** sexy

shoot me an offer //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

finished my home power supply project....coverted a $10 computer power supply to a nice little regulated 12v/15amp power supply. real easy to do.

here's the sight the buyer will be very happy to see when they install this amp:

P1160301.jpg

finished my home power supply project....coverted a $10 computer power supply to a nice little regulated 12v/15amp power supply. real easy to do.

here's the sight the buyer will be very happy to see when they install this amp:

P1160301.jpg
Free bump for you, since I'm interested in your little project... More details on the PSU conversion?

big long way to do it:

How to Convert a Computer ATX Power Supply to a Lab Power Supply - wikiHow

if you read through it and also look down that "tips" section it mentions you dont need the LEDs, switches, and resistors. Basically if you have an ATX power supply with a switch on the back you're set. just connect all like colored wires together. the one green will go to one of the black ground, and one brown will go to one of the oranges, and if it doesnt work on the orange then move it to the red. also there's an extra gray wire. try it first with the gray wire not connected. if it doesnt work connect the gray to the green (which is also connected to the black ground).

you need to have a load on it for it to turn on (unless you use the resistor method, which is basically a load put in with it). i tested it on a 12v light bulb i had laying around and it worked fine with just the green connected to black, and brown connected to orange. everything else was just bundled up, taped, and put off to the side. you also have a 3v and 5v wires for use on other stuff, but i know all of us will be using the 12v ones. i didnt even bother opening up the case. just cut the wires and connected them all outside of the box....

you can see up near the bundle there a tiny bit of the brown and orange next to each other. they are connected down in there. the wad of tape around them is covering the ends of the other unused wires. you can also see the green is with the blacks (not a racist statement)

P1160313.jpg

yeelow is 12v(+) enjoy!

P1160314.jpg

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.