Zachfeen's 04 focus hatch build

Nothing big. I got my cheapo batt today. Looks decent but I am unsure if it is going to help much. I really need to upgrade my starting batt. I need to get a d1200 for under the hood and a d3100 for the hatch. That is mega money though. The box kit will be here on Saturday so I should have it all together by the end of Sunday. I will be working on wiring up the rear batt and amps tonight. Pics of that should be up in a few hours/

Small update. This batt is actually not bad. Group 22nf so it is narrow enough to fit my needs, 55ah and best of all it was only 60 bucks shipped off ebay! 1 year old datecode, used in a power backup system and then sold off cheaply. It might not do enough to totally supplement the eventual d1200 under the hood but it should do enough until I can afford a d2700 or d3100.

The install isn't the cleanest, it is hard to make everything clean with the room I have and this type of terminal. I geuss the best thing you can say about a battery install is that nothing blew up so that is good. Now all that is left is the box //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

DSCN2191.jpg

how u have the battery held down? nice deal on the battery and what is a box kit ? is that what it sounds like u have a kit that comes with precut wood etc etc?
Yes, precut wood, pre routed holes etc.

Have you started the box build yet? I'm interested to see how it ends up looking.

Not yet. all the panels will be here Saturday. Should take me all day to get it together. Should turn out good, still gonna take up my whole hatch though //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/crap.gif.7f4dd41e3e9b23fbd170a1ee6f65cecc.gif

People don't realize how loud these Focus's can get when setup right...I was doing a 153 flat with mine with a single 12 and single amp set up in a non running vehicle so 12.5volts...

I haven't gotten this thing that loud yet. Most I was doing was a 142-143 with a hdc15 and 1200 rms with no electrical whatsoever

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.