Your opinion

Participant count
  • Participant list
I'm a little late getting into audio. Got a jlW7 rebuilt by fixmy speaker should be 1200rms is my fosgate R1200 good enough to push it ? That would be at my amps max.
Even those prime amps do over rated power, that should do great. This one is rated at 1200w RMS at 1 ohm, if you wire to 1 ohm you'll have great results, just be sure and have sufficient electrical and you are good to go (big 3 ect)

What's the impedance of your W7? That RF amp might be ok pushing it but I'm pretty sure W7's come in 3 ohm versions. If you had the JL Audio amp it'd be a perfect match due to the odd ohm load.

What's the impedance of your W7? That RF amp might be ok pushing it but I'm pretty sure W7's come in 3 ohm versions. If you had the JL Audio amp it'd be a perfect match due to the odd ohm load.
Yea this also, I wasn't too sure because he said it was rebuilt so maybe its a dual 2

Yeah i left that out sorry fixmyspeaker put in a D2 coil. I will run at 1ohm. This system will end up in another vehicle next year. I did buy a red top battery. I don't want to spend the money on a alternator I'll have no use for it. Heres my other problem just ordered a precision 900.4 to run 4 6x9s also. Can i get buy using 2 batteries without doing the alternator? Or will i burn it up? I'd hate to spend $350 if i dont have to. Please remember i am new to this.

Yeah i left that out sorry fixmyspeaker put in a D2 coil. I will run at 1ohm. This system will end up in another vehicle next year. I did buy a red top battery. I don't want to spend the money on a alternator I'll have no use for it. Heres my other problem just ordered a precision 900.4 to run 4 6x9s also. Can i get buy using 2 batteries without doing the alternator? Or will i burn it up? I'd hate to spend $350 if i dont have to. Please remember i am new to this.
In that case, perfect match for that sub. So yes, in a good enclosure, that sub should make some noise w/ amp.

And your electrical: If you upgraded big 3 and bought a few agm batteries, you should be ok with that too. I understand the HO alt thing too....I'm in the same boat.

I gotta ask...why did you buy Optima Redtop? Dunno if your aware or not but years ago Optima was THE battery to have before any of the companies with aftermarket batteries to have. Back on subject, they are less dependable because they are made in Mexico and don't use the vigin leads anymore, hence they last shorter than longer. Unless you got the battery for a sweet deal, like 50 bucks or something, then I wouldn't complain.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.