your opinion

Dylan
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
alright, so i have a pretty tight budget.. but i can always wait and add on to the system later but anyways heres what ive been recomended for my first system. I am not trying to thump too loud on the bass but i want it to hit the lows without distortion and get that nice ring and feel in your chest you know?

2004 2 door Chevrolet Blazer

Pioneer DEHP3900 for a head unit

Polk DB460

Polk DB675

Polk DB693

Dual 600 watt 4 channel Amplifier

Dual 600 watt 1 channel Amplifier

Dual 12" Box with Plexiglas

4 gauge Amplifier Install Kit

2-20 foot RCA

Install Kit for Pioneer

Harness Adapter

Antenna Adapter

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

How about you post up your budget, and we'll work from there. Stay away from Dual stuff, it's pure trash.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/word.gif.64b12e39f936af3b4fff38a1c0bd0244.gif

If you can I would up the anti on your head unit. If you like Pioneer, get the premier 6800, it's very nice. One thing you should really love is polk audio. They are beautiful sounding speakers. Like the other post say, try to stay away from dual. Do not under estimate the importance if your head unit. It is command central. 1300 bucks is a nice budget. People on here can help you out. Stick around here and soke up the knowledge. Good luck and welcome to the forum.

These guys are right about the Dual stuff, its junk. The box with "plexiglass" you are talking about. Junk. sorry to be so negative, but I thought I would offer my opinion as you are asking. You have a nice set up except the dual stuff. you mentioned that you are not looking for allot of bass....like a good all around system. The polks are excellent speakers, and will offer allot of clarity to your system with some mid bass. The two key problems to focus on. Plexi= probably band pass enclosure= shitty sounding bass. A band pass enclosure is designed in short, to increase the db level of certain frequencies and pretty much taper everything else off. What this comes down to is some songs that have this small frequency band will sound really good, where others will not hardly hit at all. If you listen to multiple types of music stay away from the band pass enclosure. Plexi is good for looks, and that's about it.

your head unit is good, but the deh-p3800 only has 2 pre outs on it. bump up to the 4800, this will have front-rear- and sub out puts. This will make tuning allot easier.

When setting up a system keep in mind, that you usually get what you pay for. There is a reason that you can buy a Dual amp so cheep! Focus your money on a head unit that is of good quality, amps with good RMS power ratings, and clean sound. keep in mind companies that are too chicken **** to get there products CEA rated for true wattage, these guys are usually hiding the fact that there 1000 watt amp will really only push 125 watts rms when lightning hits the car.

Good luck!

around $1300
Wow, around $1300 and looking at DUAL??!! Ok, let's see what we can do here. In a 2004 Blazer 2 Door.

HU: Eclipse CD5000: $269.99

Front Components: Infinity Kappa 60.7CS: $169.99

Subwoofer: Kicker L7 12" Dual 4Ohm: $249.99

2Channel Amp: Orion HP2600: $129.99

Mono Class D Amp: Orion HCCA-D2400: $329.99

Sonic Sub Box for single L7 Built to Kicker Specs: $49.99

Total cost before shipping: $1199.94

Figure about $60 for wiring from http://www.knukonceptz.com, and don't be stupid, run 0 gauge to a distro block and 4 gauge to each amp. Don't forget to buy some extra 0 gauge to do the Big-3. All of the prices are from http://www.sonicelectronix.com. This will be a hell of a lot better system than the dual garbage.

Wow, around $1300 and looking at DUAL??!! Ok, let's see what we can do here. In a 2004 Blazer 2 Door.

Figure about $60 for wiring from http://www.knukonceptz.com, and don't be stupid, run 0 gauge to a distro block and 4 gauge to each amp. Don't forget to buy some extra 0 gauge to do the Big-3. All of the prices are from http://www.sonicelectronix.com. This will be a hell of a lot better system than the dual garbage.
x2 there is alot better things out there for $1300

2 questions.. are you suggesting only getting one sub? and whats the difference between square and round?

2 questions.. are you suggesting only getting one sub? and whats the difference between square and round?
Yes, only one sub. And the square subs have the benefit of greater cone displacement, meaning that a single 12" square sub actually will move more air than a 15" round sub. In a vehicle like an SUV, unless you're looking for the heart-stopping bass, which you already said you are not, a single subwoofer will be plenty. I have a lonely 10" in my crew cab truck, and it hits the lows just fine. But, if you get a box built properly, and power that single 12" L7 with enough juice, you can get some crazy loud/low bass. It's just an all around good choice for what you're looking for.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.