your loudest/best system ever?

rtillaree
10+ year member

F***, Strong
Orlando
figured might be a cool to get nostalgic, im sure mostly everyone will say their current system, but for me its not that case, when i was about 17 i had a 94' gmc typhoon, thing was awesome, and i was really into car shows and audio shows, but i was broke, just like everyone is mainly at 16-17, i found a kid that i worked with who was selling a sealed box with 2 12" kenwoods, with an 850 watt eclipse amp and an alpine crossover with a double din pioneer head unit, had a cd with the fold town face to reveal the tape deck, thing was EXCELLENT and i still have the HU and it still works, love it and will never get rid of it...but i got everything for like $500 bucks, wires, brackets EVERYTHING...my dad and i hooked it up, and it was the loudest thing ever, chest CRUSHING bass...it rattled everything, and also sounded so clean...it put up numbers in the 130's with no kinds of additionals, just the above mentioned and it was great...just cant stumble upon that type of deal or quality on an everyday basis...agh the old days

The one I have now ^^. I have around $600 put into the substage. The rest is hard work and it pays off. The feeling you get beating somebody who paid 5x more than you = priceless.

2 2002 model L7 12's and an opti2000D in 2.5 cubes each tuned to ~40hz.

nasty loud.

subs didn't last long enough to test the sq, tho.

i overdid it a bit on the test-drive... magic smoke in like 10 minutes //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

yeah props to him for being honest, i was waiting for a claimed 150-160-225.3, but he was honest, so //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

yea ive heard louder, and ive had louder than the 130 zone, but for me i enjoyed that one alot, for being so young and getting it for what is not considered dirt cheap and was steal then was just a great thing...and i just think that the right amount of space in the cab made it all the more better, much better feel, might have felt harder than it actually was...i mean i know u guys are are audio heads and hit 150s n such so 131ish is nothing really, but 10 years ago, it was to me haha...man i miss the truck more tho..total loss

The best sound system I had was when we did the shop install in my Taurus. McIntosh MX5000, MCD5000 changer, MC4000M 6 channel amp, 2 McIntosh 12's, one set of the 5.25 components in both front and rear stages. This was back in 1994

I did a 142.xx on an old AC competition mic back in like 2000 with two MTX 8000 12s sealed getting ~150rms each. That was pretty loud around 44hz or so with the gain maxxed and bass boost maxxed as well for burps.

I don't have any numbers to compare it to, but my current system is louder and drops much lower. To the ear, it peaks around 30hz but on a cheap radio shack mic and at low volume, it peaks around 58hz while staying flat (about a 2.5dB peak) then it starts to roll off around 25hz. It's a single av12 in 3 tuned to 29 with about 300rms.

one l7 15'' in a 95 neon 3.0 cu. ft. i was mad at my trunk space.//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/mad.gif.c18f003ab0ef8a0d9c27ca78d77a6392.gif

but it crushed MY FRONT RAM EMBLEM CAME OFF and my trunk label popped off.

it BANGED.

ppl thought i had two 15's lol but my box was so little and only one.

i had a pg .1200.1 xeon pushing it.

THEN IT BLEW ONE NIGHT.

yea ive heard louder, and ive had louder than the 130 zone, but for me i enjoyed that one alot, for being so young and getting it for what is not considered dirt cheap and was steal then was just a great thing...and i just think that the right amount of space in the cab made it all the more better, much better feel, might have felt harder than it actually was...i mean i know u guys are are audio heads and hit 150s n such so 131ish is nothing really, but 10 years ago, it was to me haha...man i miss the truck more tho..total loss
how did you get a typhoon at that age? how much was your insurence

the joys of the family body shop business, i owned 7 cars before i was 20 man, mostly rebuilds, the typhoon was a trade in to my dad for a custom semi paint job, dad gave it to me for the start of h/s that year...dads payment for the countless hours of body work, r&i and bakin in the heat wet sanding i did up until that point haha...insurance was nothing from what i remember...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.