You Pros can design my system!!! tell me what i neeed!

Hello! my first new thread!!

okay neway, i currently drive a 1989 super edition aw11 mr2. i want to have a real nice sound system, one that can be heard from miles away lol. this is what i have set-up so far, sounds nice but its not the greatest...New sony CD H/U, Sony 300Watt amp, Two rockford fosgate 8" subs in ported boxes, two (poopoo) 4" speakers in dash 130w, two (poopoo) 6x9's behind seat on top of sub boxes which are 300w and two horn speakers in the sub boxes. what do you think i should do? where should i put it? what brands?

Simpky design what you think would be best and tell me i have lotso funds BUT the subs have to go behind the seat and cant really go bigger than 8".

thanks, and i look forward to your expert advice!

Lvn_MR2

spl or sq....nic not a sound tech lol..nah i dont really know the difference between the two (man i sound like an idiot) anyway whats the dif? i love bass lol. umm budget okay i dont want to upgrade HU coz its a fairly new one, maybe a thousand buckerunies? i like the rockfords, to me they sound nice but could be louder and deeper....was personally thinking fusion 4's in dash? and either sony or pioneer 6x9's? i have no clue when it comes to amps...what should i look for?

spl or sq....nic not a sound tech lol..nah i dont really know the difference between the two (man i sound like an idiot) anyway whats the dif? i love bass lol. umm budget okay i dont want to upgrade HU coz its a fairly new one, maybe a thousand buckerunies? i like the rockfords, to me they sound nice but could be louder and deeper....was personally thinking fusion 4's in dash? and either sony or pioneer 6x9's? i have no clue when it comes to amps...what should i look for?
SQ=sound quality, SPL=sound pressure level ( subs wont sound great at all, would sound like giant farts, but will be loud), SQL=mix of SQ and SPL.

choose your weapon, and we can help a little.

al

that's about all you can say though.

also, run as faaaaaaaaaaaaarrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr as possible from sony and audiobahn. their utter crap(sony for the most part) abahns just get real loud w/ little to none in SQ. If your on a budget, go w/ pioneer!

Hello! my first new thread!!
okay neway, i currently drive a 1989 super edition aw11 mr2. i want to have a real nice sound system, one that can be heard from miles away lol. this is what i have set-up so far, sounds nice but its not the greatest...New sony CD H/U, Sony 300Watt amp, Two rockford fosgate 8" subs in ported boxes, two (poopoo) 4" speakers in dash 130w, two (poopoo) 6x9's behind seat on top of sub boxes which are 300w and two horn speakers in the sub boxes. what do you think i should do? where should i put it? what brands?

Simpky design what you think would be best and tell me i have lotso funds BUT the subs have to go behind the seat and cant really go bigger than 8".

thanks, and i look forward to your expert advice!

Lvn_MR2
Well, not many companies make 4" component speakers, and that would be what you want. but since you have the budget...

I'd recommend a complete Diamond Audio system, HEX series 4" components with the silk tweeters, M391i's for your 6X9's, and two CM382's in the back. For amps, a D7104 and a D7401 for the subs. However, they might be expensive and your best bet if this fails would be to find any run-of-the-mill 100 W RMS X 4 @ 4 ohm amp and any run-of-the-mill 800 W X 1 @ 2 ohm amp. You may need to replace the headunit as, well, it's a Sony, you will need something with 3 sets of preamp outputs, the Sony might not have it. I'd go with the Eclipse CD5444 if you do end up replacing it. If that is too expensive, then the CD3434 or CD3424 would suffice. You can click here for Diamond Audio's website and you can click here for Eclipse's website. You can look up the nearest Diamond Audio dealer on their website, though with Eclipse you have to dial a 1-800 number which I couldn't find anywhere. It might be a little over the budget given but you would have one HELL of a system, I promise.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/angel.gif.fa7795fff6653f4381ba158c55a48b74.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.