yo i need speakers for my 01 passat

what are 'front stacks'
do you mean convertible components?

if thats what you mean and you have a real 150watts, and not a jensen 150 watts then i would recommend looking at these

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17121_Precision+Power+PPI+356CS.html
that seems like a really good deal. ur amp will do ok on them for a while until u get a better one but there really under rated. there not gonna be happy without at least 100rms per side.

btw guys this is a friend of mine ive been helpin him out with his system for a while and he wants COMPONENTS not coax's. idk y he calls them stacks either, idk where he learned that, not from me:confused:

its an old jensen ka3 (old style not the new style) assuming rating are the same???

so 50 x 2 @ 4Ohms + 125 x 1 @ 4 Ohms

MOSFET Power Supply

Bi-polar Output Transistors

2 ohm Stable (Stereo Operation)

1 Ohm Stable (Sub-Channel)

Tri-Mode Operation

Bridgeable Operation

Variable High Pass Crossover (50-250Hz

what are 'front stacks'
do you mean convertible components?

if thats what you mean and you have a real 150watts, and not a jensen 150 watts then i would recommend looking at these

http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17121_Precision+Power+PPI+356CS.html
my bad im just getting into this system **** but ya i need components for the front(i said stacks for the record just bc like they are the front stacks of speakers like tweeter/speaker stacked on your door haha idk), the only problem i see with these is that idk if they will fit i have a ****ed up mounting system for my speakers, the hole is big enough for a 6 1/2 but they would have to be soo shallow to not hit my window inside the door when its down, my car came with a mounting piece that had 5 1/2s in it which were stock, so if i went back that route i would then have to get 5 1/2s see my problem?

my bad im just getting into this system **** but ya i need components for the front(i said stacks for the record just bc like they are the front stacks of speakers like tweeter/speaker stacked on your door haha idk), the only problem i see with these is that idk if they will fit i have a ****ed up mounting system for my speakers, the hole is big enough for a 6 1/2 but they would have to be soo shallow to not hit my window inside the door when its down, my car came with a mounting piece that had 5 1/2s in it which were stock, so if i went back that route i would then have to get 5 1/2s see my problem?
http://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_17117_Precision+Power+PPI+355CS.html

5.25"

I've got a 98, and you can fit anything that has >= 78mm mounting depth, assuming you use a 3/4" MDF spacer (which you should).

Drill out the rivets, use your new speakers to make a template for a mounting ring, bolt that to the door, then attach the speakers to the MDF ring.

6.5-7" speakers will fit, you might however, need to cut away at the metal door panel to clear the speaker basket, but it's pretty simple.

I've got a 98, and you can fit anything that has >= 78mm mounting depth, assuming you use a 3/4" MDF spacer (which you should).
Drill out the rivets, use your new speakers to make a template for a mounting ring, bolt that to the door, then attach the speakers to the MDF ring.

6.5-7" speakers will fit, you might however, need to cut away at the metal door panel to clear the speaker basket, but it's pretty simple.
so your 98 is set up the same way as my 01? did you do this upgrade in your car how did it work for you?

so your 98 is set up the same way as my 01? did you do this upgrade in your car how did it work for you?
Yes, 98-04.5 is basically the same thing, maybe some minor differences.

I swapped out the factory speakers a long time ago, worked out great.

P1000631.jpg

I have different speakers in there now, but you get the idea. The speaker is mounted a 3/4" MDF ring.

Yes, 98-04.5 is basically the same thing, maybe some minor differences.
I swapped out the factory speakers a long time ago, worked out great.

P1000631.jpg

I have different speakers in there now, but you get the idea. The speaker is mounted a 3/4" MDF ring.
did you use the plastic mounting bracket that came with your stock speakers or did you by pass that all together, bc in the pic it looks like the mounting bracket was still used but maybe im misstaken? i have alpine sps500 compoinents mounted to the mounting brackets right now and im waiting on a head unit to see how they sound but im fairly positive i want something better than sps 5 1/4

did you use the plastic mounting bracket that came with your stock speakers or did you by pass that all together, bc in the pic it looks like the mounting bracket was still used but maybe im misstaken? i have alpine sps500 compoinents mounted to the mounting brackets right now and im waiting on a head unit to see how they sound but im fairly positive i want something better than sps 5 1/4
The speaker is mounted a 3/4" MDF ring.
//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.