yellow top question

well the yellow top will help you out alot, but when you do the big three, it lowers the overall resistance so that helps even more, and if you are gonna be buyin a new alternator i would get a 220amp if you are gonna be puttin in another 1500d.. that is alot of amperage being pulled... but i think overall if you do those upgrades i think you are gonna be in a good shape!!!

the stock 140A will be fine. i ran a pair of 2500D's w/ that alty and a pair of yellow tops. voltage didn't drop below 13.4-.6v on music.

your voltage drops when at idle because your engine rpm is low therefore causing your alt not to spin fast enough to produce the required amps. a simple, but not recommended, fix is raise to your idle rpm.

your voltage drops when at idle because your engine rpm is low therefore causing your alt not to spin fast enough to produce the required amps. a simple, but not recommended, fix is raise to your idle rpm.
can't do it on the caddy. it will automatically reset itself. if he adds a yellow top, he should be fine.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.