YAY! New Amp day!

Did a bench test a 1 ohm and my bench DID NOT LIKE IT. I have 300 amps of current available on twin 14.4v power supplies. Set the HU for 56 out of 62 (distortion point for the deck and amp is set to 60) cranked out 2940 watts before 1 of the power supply units shut down for over current, and I stopped the test... Made a nice burning odor out of them as well lol. If I had more power, this amp will do 3500 watts EASY.... So glad my extended warranty on my subs is for 4 years.....

Yeah.... Well they got the 4ohm rating right!
Could careless about 4 ohm ratings, much like 2 ohm rating(remember, Grandpa loves 2 ohms). The 1 ohm seems like I'm pushing 400-500 somewhere in that neighborhood to my sub. Def not enough power.

Could careless about 4 ohm ratings, much like 2 ohm rating(remember, Grandpa loves 2 ohms). The 1 ohm seems like I'm pushing 400-500 somewhere in that neighborhood to my sub. Def not enough power.
I know, that was my annoying positive outlook of it... CEA compliance is pretty meaningless for 1 ohm ratings.

yeah 4-500 @1 ohm but talk crap to me everyday about my 900 rms.. u r an idiot..

yeah 4-500 @1 ohm but talk crap to me everyday about my 900 rms.. u r an idiot..
Your the idiot for taking a 4 ohm sub making a 2 ohm load rather than TAKING OUR SUGGESTION....and going with a 1 ohm load. Your response: Oh I'm worried about my electrical....as long as you don'r crank the volume your fine.

Your the idiot for taking a 4 ohm sub making a 2 ohm load rather than TAKING OUR SUGGESTION....and going with a 1 ohm load. Your response: Oh I'm worried about my electrical....as long as you don'r crank the volume your fine.
i understand all that and i wouldn't hate on 2-300 more rms but either way in this case i have twice the power of that amp at 2 ohm.. if i wait for my box much longer u may get you dream of seeing me making a box so crooked looks like it was made by blind kids at camp, which end of this month i'll be 1/2 blind (after surgery) for a little while so maybe i'll have an excuse anyway..

i understand all that and i wouldn't hate on 2-300 more rms but either way in this case i have twice the power of that amp at 2 ohm.. if i wait for my box much longer u may get you dream of seeing me making a box so crooked looks like it was made by blind kids at camp, which end of this month i'll be 1/2 blind (after surgery) for a little while so maybe i'll have an excuse anyway..
You would have had more power @ 1 ohm //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/fyi.gif.9f1f679348da7204ce960cfc74bca8e0.gif vs. 2 ohms. Give that sub what it deserves instead of wasting 1/2 amps power. I've already have had cataract surgery in both eyes and way younger than you. I'll believe the new enclosure you got when I see it.

Dude, get a cut sheet and go to Home Depot. They should have a wall panel saw that cuts whole sheets. It says 50cent a cut or something but every time I ever had them cut some wood they never charge me anymore money then what the wood cost. Then all you will have to do is glue it and screw it. You can do this for like $40-$50.

Dude, get a cut sheet and go to Home Depot. They should have a wall panel saw that cuts whole sheets. It says 50cent a cut or something but every time I ever had them cut some wood they never charge me anymore money then what the wood cost. Then all you will have to do is glue it and screw it. You can do this for like $40-$50.
yeah and if i had done it 10 times i'd feel just like u.. my saw blade is shot i don't have jigsaw and can't cut a circle + just getting wood here is a problem.. if i made 1 it would work but look like crap and i have no idea how i'll get the circle cut if i try one it'll be a square trust me.. only good thing i have is new drill..

And your not? lol 

---------- Post added at 06:31 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:30 PM ----------

I did. Pretty shameful to say the least.
there is nothing you can teach me. i assure you. you don't even understand a passive crossover. seriously.

yeah and if i had done it 10 times i'd feel just like u.. my saw blade is shot i don't have jigsaw and can't cut a circle + just getting wood here is a problem.. if i made 1 it would work but look like crap and i have no idea how i'll get the circle cut if i try one it'll be a square trust me.. only good thing i have is new drill..
Cheap router + jasper circle jig = Perfect circle of any size

Nice amps I have two of them. They put out some power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.