CAB 1600 vs. SKAR RP-2000

ilikeradios
10+ year member

Senior VIP Member
I know CAB is the "in" budget amp right now.

Both of those amps are right around the same price.

I want the Skar more.

Here are the reasons

1) more power, 2k vs 1.6k

2) The Skar looks better, I do not like the cartoon look of the CAB nor the colors

3) I like Skar products (well some of them) I have been beating on a pair of Gen 1 VVX 12 for close to 6 years.

I have tried searching for reviews / info on the Skar amp and there is not much out there at all. I have seen the dyno test and the numbers look good.

Thoughts? Anyone with experience on the Skar?

SKAR Audio RP-2000.1D 2000 WATT Monoblock Amplifier | eBay

* NEW * CAB-1600.1 Amplifier - Car Audio Bargain

Skar makes solid budget products. Most people on here prefer to avoid it because the company owner is shady. But the products appear to be built well
That is what I thought as well.

Anyone here have experence with the Skar RP line?

Cartoon look...lol
Guess a cheap proven reliable sub amp with what I think is cool colors isn't for everybody.
Yea my car is all black and tan leather and it is a hatch so the Skar amp does look better IMO.

All amps have issues, my friend had a CAB 1600 stop working when it was just a month old.

So no one here knows about the Skar RP line?

Finding info about it is not easy.

Yea my car is all black and tan leather and it is a hatch so the Skar amp does look better IMO.
All amps have issues, my friend had a CAB 1600 stop working when it was just a month old.

So no one here knows about the Skar RP line?

Finding info about it is not easy.
Not a whole lot of people run Skar amps/subs/speakers. Due to a shady company, in the past. Who wants to support something like that?

Wondering why your buddies amp CAB 1600 would just stop working. Any more info?

Not a whole lot of people run Skar amps/subs/speakers. Due to a shady company, in the past. Who wants to support something like that?
Wondering why your buddies amp CAB 1600 would just stop working. Any more info?
I understand what you are saying and I have heard it many times.

As for the CAB my buddy had, He had it about 2 months wired @ 1 ohm, turned his truck on, heard a small pop, and amp was in protect mode.

I am not bashing CAB for that at all, electronics fail. He was also an idiot and clipped the hell out of it. I pulled his subs out and they were so hot that I couldn't touch the motors on them for over 1/2 hour.

I don't know if CAB warranted the amp or not as I stopped talking to him after letting him borrow some equipment, he was one of those type of 'friends'

Anyway I am going to researh the RP this weekend as I want to order a new amp by monday morning so I can get it on it's way to me.

The rp is chinese, as is the cab.It does a little more certified than the cab. It is also 30$ more. Neither are great 0.5 options, but should both run great at 1ohm.

I wouldnt run skar. But if you like the look, and plan 1ohm... it should be a suitable amp

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.