Amp (and component) help

Participant count
  • Participant list

upper_decker

Hey all,

I just picked up 4 Boston Acoustics G112 200wrms subs in a box for $125. They're wired to 1 ohm at the back of the box, so I'm guessing they're the single 4 ohm ones. Anyways, I am looking for suggestions for an amp for these, along with a set of 6x9s and a set of 6.75s with an amp to power those as well. All of this is going into a 1997 2 door tahoe. I'm trying to keep this as much of a budget build as possible, but I understand that it's more expensive to buy cheap first and then buy again when it breaks. I've been out of the game for a while, so I'm unsure of what to go with these days for brands. Not looking to break records, just would like reliable equipment. I will be using welding cable for all wiring, including big 3. I really wanted a single 5 channel amp, but I don't think I'm going to find one that has what I need without spending big money. I was looking at the MB Quart ZA2-1500.5 that claims 1000 rms @1 ohm, but I'm almost positive that's total BS.

Anybody have any suggestions? I'd prefer to have two of the same brand amps to please my OCD, but if that's not possible, I could go with 2 different ones.

TIA

Yes but it doesn't seem like I'm going to find one that actually puts out around what I need that isn't super expensive. I wish I could talk to somebody who has used that MB Quart amp to ask them how they liked it.

I can pick up a Memphis Belle for $290. Worth it? I do like to buy new because of warranty reasons...if the Belle takes a crap, are they still repairable? If so, would it even be worth repairing? I know it's old school...I'm just having issues trying to find amp(s) to fit my needs.

Caught me! That's more than I wanted to spend, UNLESS I know that they're worth it, even if they break (repair costs). Ideas?
Depending upon condition, I've seen them sell 300-350 so it's about right. That one there is pretty beat up...like the person didn't take care into it. Man I hate that. That's an old school amp...should be treated with care and not like a piece of meat.

I just messaged him and asked him if he'd take a little less. I'll see what happens. I guess I'm just trying to prepare for the worst, and hope it doesn't happen. I've never had an amp repaired before. I obviously know different repairs have different prices but I have no clue what ballpark prices is/would be.

That amp in the description doesn't say it was repaired. Not sure where you got that from...?

Dunno what you offered but 275 shipped sounds reasonable to me because of the condition of the amp. As long as it powers up ok, all channels work/function properly, I would go for it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.