XXX spl numbers>?

1 reason im hopin so high is because i went to the last comp, the mic wasnt setup up right so i should of hit alittle higher but i got a 144.4 with 4 12" MTX 7500's in a crx style box tuned to 45hz with a power acoustik a3000db amp. all wired to 2ohms so 1800watts. but with the voltage drop it was prolly less. i have a stock alt n only 4guage wire.im plannin on runnin about 4000 to each sub n upgrading my alt, wires, n maybe some extra batteries. so thats y im hoping do high. plus i would love to have a bigger trophy than 28".

Sounds like you did well actually, if it's a newer TL meter. What did the mic look like that they stuck on your windshield?

I wish you nothing but the best in attaining a 155, and if you need any help, dont hesitate to ask. But realize that a legal 155 on a new Term Lab is NOT an easy goal to achieve by ANY means....

Sounds like you did well actually' date=' [b']if[/b] it's a newer TL meter. What did the mic look like that they stuck on your windshield?
I wish you nothing but the best in attaining a 155, and if you need any help, dont hesitate to ask. But realize that a legal 155 on a new Term Lab is NOT an easy goal to achieve by ANY means....
actually i talked to a few ppl, they said there is no way it was the new TL because the new TL is a little box n not a mic like i had.

The 1st comp i went to I hit 141 with a stoker n 1200watts. i cliped it bad n blew the coil, lol. but brought home 3rd. they had a mic on a tripod thing near the kicker panel.

the 2nd comp i just described to you with my 4 12's i hit almost 145 but the mic wasnt stationary. they asked where you wanted it floor or dash. i said floor since i found out its a 1db increase. they had no tripod so it kinda just floped aruin like a fish, i would think i would do much better if it was actually stationary.

now at the 1st comp the person wit the highest spl of the day gets 2 trophies, the one is like 36" tall, thats the one i want. The leader last time pulled a 151.6 with 8 h2's in a wall and 9,000watts, all this in a carivan.

I dont know if these are like diff mics or not, but the 2 last comps each said that these are the new mics. now like i said earlier i was just told that the new termlab is not a mic. so i dont know what it is, but some ppl told me with wat they think there usin 155 should n may be a breeze.

//content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/rolleyes.gif.c1fef805e9d1464d377451cd5bc18bfb.gif
It is NOT the subs' date=' it's the INSTALL.

If you want some big trophies, you can HAVE my dust collectors (aka - trophies)

Trophies are overrated - $$$ prizes are where it's at! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/wink.gif.608e3ea05f1a9f98611af0861652f8fb.gif

btw - good luck on the 155 //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif[/quote']

I hit a 143.7 on a single XXX 12 w/ 1000watts, that was sharing a box with another XXX 12 which wasn't working. (didn't know my amp other amp wasn't working until after) And another guy hit a 146 or 147 on a single RE 15....not sure of the model, one of the lower ones.

Like he said it's all in the install. I recently saw a pair of L7 10's hit a 156 at a SLAP show. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/clap.gif.178cba2c538c68e720c727fcb024b19c.gif

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.