XXX and a JBL 1200.1, How do i wire them together?

Participant count
  • Participant list

Big-Cat
10+ year member

Jupiter, FL
OK, i've got my sub on it's way here, how do i wire a JBL 1200.1 to a XXX 12, and also the box will be ported and i going to need a crossover, or i dunno, it's some kind of filter that the 1200.1 doesn't have. I don't really know i just remember hearing someone say something about some filter that a 1200.1 doesn't have that it needs for boxes tuned low

they were reffering to a Subsonic Filter.

you can buy them seperate, im not 100 percent sure who makes one of how to hook it up..

anyways, to your wiring question...

they are a quad coil driver...

1 ohm? i dont know if its a 1 ohm driver

you would want eitehr 1 ohm or 2 ohm operationfrom taht amp..

assuming tis a quad 1 ohm driver, wire parallel series to your amp, giving it a 1 ohm load -

wire the positive and hte negative of 2 coils togetehr,

like - to + on two of the coils,

then on the otehr two, wire them pos. to pos. and neg to neg...

then the wires from the pos - pos go to the amps pos. and the neg - neg wire goes to the amps bneg.

i beleive it says they're like 1.17 ohms...or that's what it says on the website, but i'm guessing that would be ok either way, right?

do i need a subsonic filter because i remember seeing someone say it would like tear my sub apart? or should i just not worry about it?

Thanks for the instructions, you've helped out a lot

Ya, consider the impedance of the VC's to be essential 1 ohm...

go with a SSF.. they keep frequencies significantly below the tuning frequency of the box from being played..

this can cause serious driver damage...

if you ahve your box tuned fairly low (very close to the low end of your drivers Freq. response) dont worry, but in other applications, you should ahve one

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.