SOLD XTRPRO 2400

Participant count
  • Participant list
This guy has confused me about my amp well this amp, so now I have a question IM running 2 15s dual 4 when I run my dual 4s parallel that drops them to 2ohm.... I know I'm right so far now with this xtrpro2400 I ran each 15 to its channel & this guy at custom sounds told me I'm running the amp at 1 ohm now, this amp doesn't say its 1 ohm stable ,if I'm wrong I was running at 1 ohm, Now at a different custom sounds this guy says the amp is not in 1 ohm like that you have both in 2 ohm this is where I got confused, HELP.......

yeah you're running 1 ohm man... If that amp is not 2 ohm stable, then get a 1 ohm stable amp. Otherwise you risk blowing your amp. Or wire it in series for now at 4 ohms until you can get another amp. What subs are you running?

This guy has confused me about my amp well this amp, so now I have a question IM running 2 15s dual 4 when I run my dual 4s parallel that drops them to 2ohm.... I know I'm right so far now with this xtrpro2400 I ran each 15 to its channel & this guy at custom sounds told me I'm running the amp at 1 ohm now, this amp doesn't say its 1 ohm stable ,if I'm wrong I was running at 1 ohm, Now at a different custom sounds this guy says the amp is not in 1 ohm like that you have both in 2 ohm this is where I got confused, HELP.......

You could always test them with a multimeter if you need a reality check, at 1 ohm impedance you'll get between .65 and .75ohm and at 2 ohm impedance you'll get between 1.3 and 1.5ohm. From your description it definitely sounds like you wired them to 1 ohm. In fact, both guys told you the same thing in a different way. You do have them "both wired to 2 ohms"... in parallel which means the amp is seeing a 1ohm of impedance.

Just a hunch, you might be confused because it has A+, B+, A-, and B- on the terminals. It's a mono amp which means those are just shorted to each other internally inside the amp. You only actually have 1 channel so those subs are connected parallel at the terminals.

Last edited:
Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.