XM Radio interface to Factory Radio

Participant count
  • Participant list

Shemp

I have a 2002 Chrysler minivan with the Infinity factory sound system. I am hoping to find some information that will allow me to 'hard wire' my XM Radio to the factory radio. Currently I'm using an RF modulator but I'm not happy with the sound and when I travel I routinely encounter areas where a local broadcast drowns out the RF Modulator's signal.

Is there a way to wire the line-out signal from the XM Radio to, perhaps, the 4 disc CD changer's output using some type of a 'cut-in' device that blocks the CD's signal and passes the XM Radio's signal when the XM Radio is on?

I appreciate any help and insight on this.

Thanks!

- Shemp

Originally posted by Shemp I have a 2002 Chrysler minivan with the Infinity factory sound system. I am hoping to find some information that will allow me to 'hard wire' my XM Radio to the factory radio. Currently I'm using an RF modulator but I'm not happy with the sound and when I travel I routinely encounter areas where a local broadcast drowns out the RF Modulator's signal.

Is there a way to wire the line-out signal from the XM Radio to, perhaps, the 4 disc CD changer's output using some type of a 'cut-in' device that blocks the CD's signal and passes the XM Radio's signal when the XM Radio is on?

I appreciate any help and insight on this.

Thanks!

- Shemp
Unfortunately an fm modulator is the best way as of now to go with this. My question would be tho is the modulator in line with the antenna or is it a separate unit that is simply broadcasting to the radio? I have seen both and have been unhappy in the past with the broadcast version as opposed to the inline version being much nicer. Only other biggest option would be to get a new head unit, but I do not think that is what your looking to hear.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.

About this thread

Shemp

Shemp
Minneapolis, MN
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies
Views
Last reply date
Last reply from
bean