XBOX LCD Monitor Question

Participant count
  • Participant list

94_civic_guy
10+ year member

I am trying to find a way to hook up my XBOX to a Starvision TM-5600 In-Dash LCD monitor. I have the cable that came w/ the XBOX with the red, white, and yellow rca cables. I need to know how to be able to listen to the dvd's on the XBOX through my car speakers and see the movie on the monitor. Also, I have a portable dvd player with places to connect the 3 XBOX cables. When i tries to put a dvd in the xbox and watch it on the screen of the portable dvd player but it had no color to it, only black and white. Would this mean that the movie I would watch in my car be in black and white, or did i mess up while connecting it.

I know why the pictures black and white! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif You have the screen set to PAL, set it to NTSC and you should be set...

EDIT: Also tell me how that screen looks, Im thinking of getting one (or one like it) myself.

Originally posted by LBX2G yeah, that is true put the fm modulator does not touch the reciver is goes through the radio. farenheit makes some good products
Actually that's not true. The FM Modulator will connect to the antenna wire from the car and then into the antenna input on the HU.

To address the first guy- If you have a portable DVD player, why are you watching DVD's on the X-Box through it, why not just watch them on that?

Originally posted by eengrms Actually that's not true. The FM Modulator will connect to the antenna wire from the car and then into the antenna input on the HU.

To address the first guy- If you have a portable DVD player, why are you watching DVD's on the X-Box through it, why not just watch them on that?
I was seeing if the xbox would have a good picture on a lcd monitor.

Originally posted by Woodmister I know why the pictures black and white! //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif You have the screen set to PAL, set it to NTSC and you should be set...

EDIT: Also tell me how that screen looks, Im thinking of getting one (or one like it) myself.
I tried switching it from PAL to NTSC, but it didnt work. Is there anything else that you know of that could fix my problem.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.