wuts the difference between 780 and 7800

the badging, the price and the warranty

The 780 is badged with "Premier", the 780 will likely cost $50 more, and the 780 will have a 2 year warranty instead of 1.

besides warranty and brand wise, which is better in the performance area?

The price is a few dollars difference but which offers better quality?

so should i just get the pioneer because it has the 2 year warranty??

It seems like that the pioneer has the advantage of.

I believe they are exactly the same as far as the specs are concerened. Like they said above, only diff is the 2 year vs 1 yr warranty and one says premier the other says pioneer. If the difference in price is more than 50 bucks i wouldnt get the premier since there wont be any difference in performance. I dont think 50 bucks is worth the extra year warranty but hey thats me.

I don't think there are as many differences between the 2 as there were a couple years back. The differences between the 860 and the 8600 were MORE evident. Also, the 940 and the 9400 had bigger differences between the 2.

860 vs 8600

860 had the following over the 8600.

- higher voltage pre outs

- 2 year warranty

- cooler looking PREMIER badge (lol)

- network mode for running active

In my opinion that was a big difference. But with this years line I would say the differences are smaller. Unless you take the 880 into account. Last time I checked there is NO Pioneer 8800.

after looking around, i was able to find them to be almost the same price, about 5 dollars difference.

Would the 7800 be the better pick over the premier 780?

after looking around, i was able to find them to be almost the same price, about 5 dollars difference.
Would the 7800 be the better pick over the premier 780?
No. But in this case it doesn't look like the 780 would be much better than the 7800 either. But if you're getting it through an authorized dealer which will give you full mfg waranty then I would definitely suggest getting the Premier 780 for its 2 year waranty alone.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.