WTF is going on?

Participant count
  • Participant list

™Caveman
10+ year member

CarAudio.com Elite
SoCal
Installed a sax1200d yesterday. It played awesome all day until a late night cravng at jack in the crack. While playing radio at low levels the amp shuts down. DMM shows 14 volts from remote but only 6 volts from battery. No fuses blown or anything... please lend a brotha a hand here.

You probably have a loose connection somewhere. Is it a steady 6V, or does it seem to jump? Also, make sure you test up front too, to eliminate the rest of your vehicle as a problem.

I'll tighten it up just in case anyone else chiming in?

---------- Post added at 10:42 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:42 AM ----------

You probably have a loose connection somewhere. Is it a steady 6V, or does it seem to jump? Also, make sure you test up front too, to eliminate the rest of your vehicle as a problem.
Steady 6

I mean check all your connections. Don't know if you just typed weird, but which did you mean when you said tightin IT (singular) up?
thanks bro problem solved. Fuse was blown under the hood although not visually ...weird...

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.