WTB: Kicker SX1250.1

The zx line is 2 ohm stable and I need 1 ohm stable. I know hifonics is overrated and kicker is underrated so I figured they would even out to be about the same. I just dont want it to be louder with the Hifonics lol.
The zx's are not rated 1ohm stable but with a stable electrical, they're 1ohm stable...

The zx's are not rated 1ohm stable but with a stable electrical, they're 1ohm stable...
As much as I would like to get the zx1500, I would rather not take the chance. And I really like all the digital controls on the sx1250. I'm just worried that I might lose some output switching from the bx1605d.

Your probably going to get the highside of 1300 out of the ZX1250...and that hifonics probably does 1400 or so...to hear a difference, your ears would need to be spectacular.

Your probably going to get the highside of 1300 out of the ZX1250...and that hifonics probably does 1400 or so...to hear a difference, your ears would need to be spectacular.
kinda a coincidence but I just seen a topic in the amp section on the actual RMS on the bx1605D and almost everyone is saying around 1100 RMS at 1 ohm.

little off topic but what kind of difference do you think I will see switching from a Hifonics BX1605D to the SX1250.1?
If your running both at 2 ohms then the Kicker will have a lil advantage but not alot more.

Both are rated at 1 ohm.

The newer ZX line is rated at 2 ohms and Ive ran many of them...........and all at 1 ohm dcr,but with box rise they are more then likely way over 2 ohms when all is said and done.

The bad thing about runnin a 1 ohm stable amp at 1 ohm is that after rise your at 2-4ohm dependin on box for a amp designed to kick it at 1 ohm.Where as the one made to run at 2 ohms will give it twice the power almost:D

If your running both at 2 ohms then the Kicker will have a lil advantage but not alot more.Both are rated at 1 ohm.

The newer ZX line is rated at 2 ohms and Ive ran many of them...........and all at 1 ohm dcr,but with box rise they are more then likely way over 2 ohms when all is said and done.

The bad thing about runnin a 1 ohm stable amp at 1 ohm is that after rise your at 2-4ohm dependin on box for a amp designed to kick it at 1 ohm.Where as the one made to run at 2 ohms will give it twice the power almost:D
I will be running it at 1 ohm. Since I most likely will not be getting a warranty I would rather go with the one that is actually said to be 1 ohm stable by kicker. I figure I wouldnt have any problems with the zx1500 but I would really rather not take the chances. How big an audible difference would there really be between the sx1250 and zx1500?

The best offer I have got so far is 2 offers for $400 shipped. Anyone else?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.