WTB HU with Pandora ready, and interfaces well with Droid phone (down w/ i-Communism)

MediumTech
10+ year member

I'm getting ready to purchase an Alpine CDE-123 Alpine Electronics of America, Inc. Or something like it.

I plan to use it with Pandora, but I got rid of my curssed iPhone:eyebrow:. It appears that most of the HU manufacturers have slurped down the i-Koolaid for phone function interface.

I will be able to use my Droid phone to charge from the Alpine CDE-123 USB port, and I will be able to connect audio signal into ~3.5mm input jack, but I'm thinking that many of the interface functions only work with i-Communist devices, including the best function of the A to D convertor...

Are there HU's that interface well with Droid's?

The reason for my i-Dislike: (I had an iPhone for 1 week, and I was pretty peeved about all the stuff that Apple said they would not let me do with my phone... seemed like Communist governance to me)

Once my wife saw how much more stuff I could do with my Droid, she soon came to hate her i-Phone too.

Last edited by a moderator:
I use an Alpine CDA-9887 with the Bluetooth 400BT module. Works fine with my HTC Incredible. I can stream Pandora or any calls wirelessly.

I use an Alpine CDA-9887 with the Bluetooth 400BT module. Works fine with my HTC Incredible. I can stream Pandora or any calls wirelessly.
Thanks for the info.

Does the sound quality stay high?

Can you tell that the sound is not as clear as CD's , MP3's etc?

OP I was in the same boat.

I just installed a Pioneer AVH-P4300DVD, and while it has USB/AUX, the USB hard drive I have (partitioned to 60gb with ~7,500 songs) takes a STUPID amount of time to 'boot up'. As in almost 2 minutes. It ***** major donkey.

And what ***** even more, the HU display won't read USB cover art, so there's half my screen just blank //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif

Sooooooooooooooooo, I'm probably just gonna bite the bullet and find an 80-120gb iPod classic with a broken LCD and just go that route. I'm assuming the 'boot up' will be instantaneous and I'll get cover art. There are ways of using an iPod w/o Apple software as well //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

---------- Post added at 10:02 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:01 AM ----------

I can't say ****?

Seriously??? I can't say s-u-c-k???? What is this kindergarten?

JVC has a few brand new this year units that integrate well with Android. this is a cheap one... i just picked up one of the slightly more expensive "arsenal" ones earlier this week... seem like they are all out of stock now.

Don't know how it works yet, no reviews or recommendations yet, but someones got to try em. //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

hey, if your interested i have an alpine 9887 that im going to be putting up for sale, because i blew up my motor in my daily driver //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/frown.gif.a3531fa0534503350665a1e957861287.gif pm me if your interested.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.