WTB .::. Got $81.93 in Paypal looking for DAMPING!!

Participant count
  • Participant list

RetroAudioinc
5,000+ posts

Custom Car Audio Decals
I really need Spectrum or Spectrum Sludge...

If there is something like Spectrum Sludge or Spectrum that you can find at say lowes that should give close to the same results would be even better and if you send me a link and name from lowes site I will PP you $5 maybe $10 if its a great find, this is only to the first person that can post something that is very close to the above I can just go buy tomorrow here in town..

Other option sell me some...

BTW lowes sounds like a better option got cc there and I am tight on money..

that roofing stuff looks like a nice experiment, maybe keep adding some silica to it to make it weigh more for more effect. just say no to peal and seal to much of a stinky PIA. I tried it long ago when it was peal n seal or dynamatt. I do like liquid much better now so easy to do but I think a thin layer of mat and thick coat of goo came out the best. I used a bunch of cascade from PE I bought 2 buckets between 2 cars. I still have 1 more gallon kicking around here somewhere.

hmmm not looking bad

Black Jack

Rubr-Coat #57 Premium Rubberized Roof Coating ( I would think Rubberized is good for damping yea or nay )

Rubberized for improved adhesion & waterproofing

Lasts twice as long as standard coatings

Flexes to resist cracking

Low odor, water cleanup

I did find this to go over the spray

chttp://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100052556

Found hot roders using it on a hotrod forum and another audio site just need 3m spray glue..

I did find this to go over the spray
chttp://www.homedepot.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?storeId=10051&langId=-1&catalogId=10053&productId=100052556

Found hot roders using it on a hotrod forum and another audio site just need 3m spray glue..
that looks more like a heat shield not a sound product. great for the hot rodders and that stuff does work well I use it for steam keg that I made.

Just found this but can't pull it up on lowes though... Yet another over the spray...

http://mikemercury.home.att.net/sound.htm

About 1/2 way down

Next I attempted to conquer the road noise. The back hatch area of the C5 is a fiberglass/plastic sounding board. I chose this material to not only form a sound barrier, but to dampen the plastic rear tub... stopping it from vibrating and conducting sound. I purchased 3 rolls of this material ($15 per roll) at Lowes in the heating/AC section ( the SKU at Lowe's is 28929 ); 1/8" thick and weighs 3 lbs per roll:

ffclose.jpg

That looks very good.. That same guy has some spray deadner in a can.. hmmmm

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.