WTB good SQ head unit 4-5 volt preouts

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
Like title says, kenwood-alpine-eclipse come to mind. Whatever you got, units face must be in good condition.

MUST HAVE USB CONNECTION, or a way to play an ipod

heres a unit with all the functions im looking for as a comparison Kenwood Excelon KDC-X396 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Would like a nice EQ in unit but that kenwood above only has a 3 band, but a 7 band would be awesome

100-140shipped, lmk

And I only talk about the 994 cus that's what I have :p Very pleased with it. And yea, you can play whatever you want through the 3.5mm. I'll play Pandora, Youtube, or just use my MP3 player. I've hated Apple for life, but from reading around, using a iPod is the only way to have your whole music collection on USB. I've heard Thumbdrives and external drives are pretty useless over a few GBs, and I've got 45gb right now haha. 5 band EQ is nice, and having adjustable slopes on the HPF and LPF is nice. Bluetooth works phenomenal and has great settings and control. T/A has adjustable seating options to make setting up easy. And being able to turn off the internal amp is nice.

Personally, if I had my pick of the Eclipse units, I'd go for the cd5030. Built in BT, USB, Aux, 5v, 7-band, T/A, and I believe it's Active capable as well.

And I only talk about the 994 cus that's what I have :p Very pleased with it. And yea, you can play whatever you want through the 3.5mm. I'll play Pandora, Youtube, or just use my MP3 player. I've hated Apple for life, but from reading around, using a iPod is the only way to have your whole music collection on USB. I've heard Thumbdrives and external drives are pretty useless over a few GBs, and I've got 45gb right now haha. 5 band EQ is nice, and having adjustable slopes on the HPF and LPF is nice. Bluetooth works phenomenal and has great settings and control. T/A has adjustable seating options to make setting up easy. And being able to turn off the internal amp is nice.Personally, if I had my pick of the Eclipse units, I'd go for the cd5030. Built in BT, USB, Aux, 5v, 7-band, T/A, and I believe it's Active capable as well.
DOnt really like the look of the cd3100, sent the 9886 guy a pm. It looks pretty good and i really like the screen style. Also has separate usb and ipod modes so im thinking i can use a usb to 3.5mm jack for my phone. So its between the x396 and the 9886 as of now. But theres a $20 crutchfield coupon so i could get the x396 for 110shipped w/ 2yr warranty plus a new dash kit fo free

I don't blame ya, I don't care for the looks of it either. Meh, I'd still go with the 9886 haha, Unless you're just using it in a secondary vehicle, I think the extra $50 or so is well worth a much better HU. I mean, it's the heart of the system, and you can usually stick with them the longest.

DOnt really like the look of the cd3100, sent the 9886 guy a pm. It looks pretty good and i really like the screen style. Also has separate usb and ipod modes so im thinking i can use a usb to 3.5mm jack for my phone. So its between the x396 and the 9886 as of now. But theres a $20 crutchfield coupon so i could get the x396 for 110shipped w/ 2yr warranty plus a new dash kit fo free
I'd pick the 9886 I'm in the market for a new headunit too(Once I actually have money) so I'm spying on this thread :V

I don't blame ya, I don't care for the looks of it either. Meh, I'd still go with the 9886 haha, Unless you're just using it in a secondary vehicle, I think the extra $50 or so is well worth a much better HU. I mean, it's the heart of the system, and you can usually stick with them the longest.
I'd pick the 9886 I'm in the market for a new headunit too(Once I actually have money) so I'm spying on this thread :V
Yall really think the 9886 is that much better of a unit? Or just prefer the alpine, from the looks of each others specs the alpine dosnt seem much more superior, both 24bit 4V's

Know if the usb to 3.5mm cord will work on usb mode for the 9886 anyone???? It should but idk for sure

Plus the 9886 has a 3band too, only has the 5 band when you add imprint. Has the same adjustments as my cda-105, i just read the 9886's manual. Just has a 24bit converter and 4v preouts over my cda105, which im sure would make it sound better but the kenwood has the same specs

Meh, I didn't realize the 9886 is rather featureless without an Imprint.... which is the problem with all the newer Alpine units :\ But if it has a USB to 3.5mm, then it'll work with whatever.
yep pretty much, which i almost though just get imprint for my cda-105. But it wouldnt have the 24bit converter, which im hoping is a big improvement. But i do like the style of the alpine of the 396, just love that mutlicolor hahaha ill see how much he will come down. But still leaning towards the 396, if i need more control over the sound ill get a 1/2din 7band

I'm in the market for a new headunit too(Once I actually have money) so I'm spying on this thread :V
Same here. I really want a x993, 994 or 995. Wish i could find one for 140 like the underfighter. Its hard looking for used alpines because i never know which ones have the features with/without the imprint, so i have pretty much given up on them. I have a 880prs with the pico fuse problem and decided its time to try something different whenever the funds become available.

OP theres an Eclispe CD7200 for sale in another thread with an unknown issue but I think from what I'm gathering if you send it out, it shouldn't be too much he just can't afford it right now.

you dont need a new H/U just get a audiocontrol matrix its a line driver instead of 4 volts pre-outs you get 13 volts peak out or the over drive 7.5 volts either one rocks

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.