WTB good SQ head unit 4-5 volt preouts

JoshC
10+ year member

The Taco MASTA
Houston, tx
Like title says, kenwood-alpine-eclipse come to mind. Whatever you got, units face must be in good condition.

MUST HAVE USB CONNECTION, or a way to play an ipod

heres a unit with all the functions im looking for as a comparison Kenwood Excelon KDC-X396 CD receiver at Crutchfield.com

Would like a nice EQ in unit but that kenwood above only has a 3 band, but a 7 band would be awesome

100-140shipped, lmk

Well if Crutchfield wants $340 for em... you can prolly find em for $250 new anywhere else....

Here's a JVC I found that looks really damn good actually, ignoring the fact that it's JVC: F/S HU, AMPS, SUB - DIYMA.com - Scientific Car Audio - Truth in Sound Quality

And here's good OS Alpine, no USB, but one of my dream units... : F/S Alpine CDA-7998 deadhead - DIYMA.com - Scientific Car Audio - Truth in Sound Quality

Looking through 8 pages on DIYMA, that was all I really found, especially near your price range... Gonna check CAWKO now.

actually since they just came out and i just looked on the internet 350 from me shipped ,i think is pretty much the best deal you can find . i did find one for 345 plus shipping tho.

---------- Post added at 10:10 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:09 PM ----------

Well if Crutchfield wants $340 for em... you can prolly find em for $250 new anywhere else....
Here's a JVC I found that looks really damn good actually, ignoring the fact that it's JVC: F/S HU, AMPS, SUB - DIYMA.com - Scientific Car Audio - Truth in Sound Quality

And here's good OS Alpine, no USB, but one of my dream units... : F/S Alpine CDA-7998 deadhead - DIYMA.com - Scientific Car Audio - Truth in Sound Quality

Looking through 8 pages on DIYMA, that was all I really found, especially near your price range... Gonna check CAWKO now.
that was a presale price ,which is no longer

actually since they just came out and i just looked on the internet 350 from me shipped ,i think is pretty much the best deal you can find . i did find one for 345 plus shipping tho.
Not even going to say what mine cost

So much thread jacking lol

Im thinking the kenwood may be my best bet. I pretty much only use my ipod in the truck, the kenwood bypass's the ipods converter and use's its own 24bit for your music. Sounds like good SQ to me

The Kenwood would work then... but I'd get a better one. I do like the by-pass feature. I personally have an x994, I got for $140 shipped. It has a 5-band, T/A, built in BT, Rear aux and USB. I don't like the looks of the 396, or having all the wires hanging out the front, but that comes down to personal preference I suppose. Though the T/A and 5-band is nice. You can also look at the 993 and 995.

Here's some more I found: http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/head-units-processors-eqs/117799-alpine-9887-a.html

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/head-units-processors-eqs/116788-jvc-kd-sh1000.html

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/head-units-processors-eqs/118226-alpine-cda-9886-a.html

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/head-units-processors-eqs/117652-alpine-cda-9855-2-3-way-sq-headunit-w-original-retail-box.html

http://www.caraudioclassifieds.org/forum/head-units-processors-eqs/117887-eclipse-cd-3100-ipc-106-a.html

The Kenwood would work then... but I'd get a better one. I do like the by-pass feature. I personally have an x994, I got for $140 shipped. It has a 5-band, T/A, built in BT, Rear aux and USB. I don't like the looks of the 396, or having all the wires hanging out the front, but that comes down to personal preference I suppose. Though the T/A and 5-band is nice. You can also look at the 993 and 995.
Well i like the look of it, and i dont mind the whole front usb too much. I can control my ipod threw the headunit or threw the ipod which i love. I really like the built in pandora and how it functions threw the HU, also love the fact it changes colors. Has 4V perouts, not really loving the 3band but i havnt found another HU that has this many functions i like for my price with a higher band count eq

Just realized the pandora only works with iphones, i just have i itouch. Was going to use my htc for pandora, should still work threw the 3.5mm jack with cable though. Just a bummer it wont work threw the headunit

THanks for the links, i looked threw them. The CD3100 i looked at earlier actually, looking at the 9886

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.