WTB: Broken Xbox 360s and Xbox 360 Modding Service

Its only illegal when its not a backup of something you own //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif
Technically, even modding the xbox is illegal. If you read the TOS, you are actually LEASING the xbox from microsoft- even though you "bought" it, it is still their property. At any point in time they can barge in your home and take it if they find out if you've broken the TOS. Does this happen often? No.

Just be careful where you advertise this. your price is a little steep, unless it actually takes you more than an hour to do.

You say his prices are steep but when I was looking around for a while trying to find someone local I couldn't find anyone willing to do it for less then $100 and that was taking them the 360 with no shipping. Every online forum I checked out that was involved with it charged over $100 with shipping and couldn't mod all of the drives and also said they wouldn't be able to save the seal. Not only did GearGuy flash mine but he also fixed the issue with my wireless controllers, told me everything I needed to know about downloading and burning the games, and I had my 360 back within a week with the seal still intact and not even able to tell it had been opened. Now I just need to stop being lazy and send it back to get updated to 1.6 so I don't have to patch the games.

it depends where your at. everywhere around here is 40$ on craigslist, and probly 60 with shipping on xbox scene. i usually charge 35 for local jobs. but yea, definitely get the 1.6 update - do not patch your games!

can you mod the original xbox?
Can it be done yes but I dont have much time to do the original as Id need to get a modchip and solder it (Im not a super big fan of softmod)

it depends where your at. everywhere around here is 40$ on craigslist, and probly 60 with shipping on xbox scene. i usually charge 35 for local jobs. but yea, definitely get the 1.6 update - do not patch your games!
Thanks for post dumping //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

Any interest in one that has a failed x-clamp mod/fix? Worked for four days, then gave me the rings again. Re-did it, and worked for 10 minutes, and I never got it to recover again:( Might play with it one if these days and try again

I'd like to keep the power brick as a spare, maybe we can work out a price for the parts that actually mean something to you?

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...

About this thread

GearGuy2001

10+ year member
CarAudio.com Veteran
GearGuy2001
South Beloit, IL
Start date
Participants
Who Replied
Replies