WTB 4 Ch Amp, 6.5 Comps, 5.25 mids/coaxs for 2002 WRX

JPWynn
10+ year member

I'm looking to replace the factory stuff on my 2002 WRX.

My existing setup is:

Kenwood X993 HU

Kicker 10" L3 with ZX250.1

As you can see I'm not into the high end crazy competition stuff. This is a daily driver and I just want it to sound good and look as stock as possible. Space is important to me so I went with the 10" L3 with a small truck box so I still have a trunk.

Anyways I'm looking for a four channel amp preferrably that will mount under the driver seat (not sure where I'd put it otherwise), 6.5" comps for the front doors, and 5.25" for the rear doors. I'm not sure whether I want 5.25 mids for the rears or 5.25 coaxs. I'm open to suggestions on the best setup using the factory mounting locations (front doors have tweeters built into the a pillars). I already have the spacers and mounting kits for these size speakers for my WRX (from IAPerformance.com).

I was looking at some Polks until I started reading up on this site.

I listen to some rap but mostly alternative/metal. I listen to anything but country for the most part but it's mostly metal/rap.

I'm willing to buy seperate pieces from different people so no need to buy everything from one person.

Payment by Paypal. Shipping to 87114.

Thanks!

got a audiopipe gd-354. great little amp. does 40 x 4 at 4 ohms and 55 x4 at 2 ohms, very clean sound and very efficient. 8/10 looks and 10/10 mechanically

80 shipped. LMK

(its the smaller one)

100_0750.jpg

sell that amp and buy one of the 5ch amps i have. 500x1@2ohms for sub
Which amps would those be?

got a audiopipe gd-354. great little amp. does 40 x 4 at 4 ohms and 55 x4 at 2 ohms, very clean sound and very efficient. 8/10 looks and 10/10 mechanically
80 shipped. LMK

(its the smaller one)
I'll research this and let you know. I was wanting like 80+RMS x4 @ 4ohms, but I know some watts doesnt' mean everything...

$275 shipped, insured on the Massive Audio retail is like $600

$200 shipped, insured on the Powerbass retail around $350

in all honesty, both put out rated power with the PB with lower 4ch rating at 75x4, but i would venture to guess it is a ittle underrated as PB has proven to be a well built amp with good ratings.

the massive is 100x4

I think I've found a amp.

I still need 6.5" components (NOTE NOT 5.25"). THESE COMPS CANNOT BE MORE THAN 2.92" TOP MOUNT DEPTH.

And I've decided to go with 5.25" coax for the rear. Depth don't matter here but they cannot be bigger than 5.25".

Let me know if you got anything? I don't want to spend more than $150 on the comps and $75 for the coaxs.

Amp will be 85 x 4 @ 4ohms RMS to give you an idea.

TIA

Last Bump.

Only think I need now is 5.25" coax. They need to handle 85w RMS @ 4ohms.

Bought a Zed 85W x 4 @ 4 ohms RMS amp

Looks like I'm buying some CDT 6.5" Comps from Mike @ Vertex Audio. If that falls through I'll probably buy some Pioneer 1720 D series off fleabay.

Thanks to those that replied/PM'd.

John

i have a new set of PG rsd 6" comps if you wish

may fit either opening in your doors

they are not that deep but would need to confirm cutout & Mounting depth

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.