wrx vs firebird

still scard i wont be able to hold him in 3rd. But who cares, its just street racing right //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/smile.gif.1ebc41e1811405b213edfc4622c41e27.gif

i don't get it, you don't even have the car yet, and you're making assumptions on race scenarios? maybe you should actually drive it first and realize a couple things:

1. wrx's aren't even that fast

2. awd is NOT all that it's cracked out to be

Have fun! Really, don't be expecting any "0-60 in 5.4" crap, that is all marketing HYPE. if you ever tried doing that you'll destroy your car lol. My good friend owned a wrx for 30k miles before getting rid of that thing. His integra GS-R took a BEATING for 180K miles and ran SOLID before he sold it, and this wrx cannot even hang for shizzle. This wasn't his first turbo car either, it was well-maintained and was not abused like a lot of kids do. Tranny failures are quite common on the rex.

REAL WRX TIMES:

0-60 in a tenth or two under 6 seconds

standing 1/4 in about 14.5 s

on the freeway i owned my friend's wrx and i'm a freakin automagic. from a roll, those things are more like civics, really. the awd isn't really much of an advantage in the launch if you're actually considerate of your clutch..

i don't get it, you don't even have the car yet, and you're making assumptions on race scenarios? maybe you should actually drive it first and realize a couple things:1. wrx's aren't even that fast

2. awd is NOT all that it's cracked out to be

Have fun! Really, don't be expecting any "0-60 in 5.4" crap, that is all marketing HYPE. if you ever tried doing that you'll destroy your car lol. My good friend owned a wrx for 30k miles before getting rid of that thing. His integra GS-R took a BEATING for 180K miles and ran SOLID before he sold it, and this wrx cannot even hang for shizzle. This wasn't his first turbo car either, it was well-maintained and was not abused like a lot of kids do. Tranny failures are quite common on the rex.

REAL WRX TIMES:

0-60 in a tenth or two under 6 seconds

standing 1/4 in about 14.5 s

on the freeway i owned my friend's wrx and i'm a freakin automagic. from a roll, those things are more like civics, really. the awd isn't really much of an advantage in the launch if you're actually considerate of your clutch..
its cool dude i understand that alot of people dont like the wrx but i am just happy to be getting a car. And u cant tell me that for the price its a bad deal. Of course im not gonna be doing those times without beating the crap out of that car and that would just be stupid. Even if they arent that fast, u dont have to do much to make them fast such as Cobb stage tuning. and i highly doubt that a civic can compare to a wrx.

To clarify the Firebird/Camaro thing...

ALL Camaros and Firebirds start off as a Camaro or Firebird, and they all have steps after that...

1st Step:

Camaro or Firebird, ONLY offered with the V6 engine

2nd Step:

Z28 or Formula (NOT Formula 1), ONLY offered with the V8 engine

3rd Step:

No third step for the Camaro, third step for the Firebird is the Trans Am, which has the same V8 engine, but has the appearance package, Formulas look like V6 Firebirds, Trans Ams look like Trans Ams

4th Step:

Camaro gets no fourth step either, and the Trans Am can get the WS6 package which adds a little bit bigger sway bars and the ram air hood

5th Step:

This is the SLP optioned cars, the SS and the Firehawk. Same engine as the Z28 and Formula, just appearance mods mostly, although they do have options for some suspension work and the like.

as for f-birds, how about my friends '76 with a '66 GTO 400 big block with holly heads, carb, and exhaust? beast puts out about 450 hp and weighs in around 3500, now thats a car I would like to see an STI take
i got a buddy who's dad is a GM parts manager. his son (my friend) has a 2000 trans am that pulls about 550 rwhp. i'd like to see an sti take my cobra...hehe

ford power //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/handclap.gif.0c301076f534e244f0460706894f19e0.gif

can someone clear up my TA/firebird ? please
I thought you loved the bowtie?

**** I even knew that //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/biggrin.gif.d71a5d36fcbab170f2364c9f2e3946cb.gif

(probably since I hear my friends talk **** about how they're faster than me)

its cool dude i understand that alot of people dont like the wrx but i am just happy to be getting a car. And u cant tell me that for the price its a bad deal. Of course im not gonna be doing those times without beating the crap out of that car and that would just be stupid. Even if they arent that fast, u dont have to do much to make them fast such as Cobb stage tuning. and i highly doubt that a civic can compare to a wrx.
wrx > civic - there was never any doubt.

and from all this wrx hating that I hear... I expected them to **** - my friend bought one as a daily driver... it's great for a daily driver, handles any weather conditions, and still has some balls.

You wont be disappointed.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.