Wrangler alpine premium sound

Participant count
  • Participant list

rmvd69

I have a new Jeep Wrangler with premium sound package. Had a pioneer avic 8201nex head unit installed. After the install the bass was gone. Started playing with settings and recognized no control of sub. It appears they just wired left and right outputs into all the speakers. We spoke to the dealer and the answer was they do this all the time and no one complains. Was wondering if anyone had experience with aftermarket heads and the premium sound package and how to properly wire this.

Thanks

I have a new Jeep Wrangler with premium sound package. Had a pioneer avic 8201nex head unit installed. After the install the bass was gone. Started playing with settings and recognized no control of sub. It appears they just wired left and right outputs into all the speakers. We spoke to the dealer and the answer was they do this all the time and no one complains. Was wondering if anyone had experience with aftermarket heads and the premium sound package and how to properly wire this.
Thanks
Thats definitely not proper at all, they are just ttrying to weasel out of warrantying their work. Take it back and make them fix it.

Thanks, I was wondering though what is proper wiring. There is a dedicated sub out that I feel they should have used. I would assume with that you would need an amp for the sub. The sub has four voice coils so I was thinking they would have to wire two sets of them in series and then place these two sets in parallel to get proper ohm rating at the end for an amp. I also believe the speakers in the dash and in the sound bar are 2 ohm speakers. The people who wired it used the alpine amplifier and did not use the amp in the head unit itself which seems odd. Would this be because of the low ohm rating of the speakers?

Thanks, I was wondering though what is proper wiring. There is a dedicated sub out that I feel they should have used. I would assume with that you would need an amp for the sub. The sub has four voice coils so I was thinking they would have to wire two sets of them in series and then place these two sets in parallel to get proper ohm rating at the end for an amp. I also believe the speakers in the dash and in the sound bar are 2 ohm speakers. The people who wired it used the alpine amplifier and did not use the amp in the head unit itself which seems odd. Would this be because of the low ohm rating of the speakers?
Its better to use the alpine amp, its more power than the head unit, head unit power is garbage whatever power rating they have the head unit is completely false, you are at best getting 10-15 watts per speaker, the factory amp does more than that. The subwoofer should have its own amp or it should be the same amp as the speakers aka 5 channel amp. There is no reason for the speakers to work and the sub not to work.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.