Wow so much to ask... help please

Participant count
  • Participant list

PiRaNha7

Ok i have a lot of questions so i figured id just put it all into one general thread, if you have any advice that would help a lot, thanks...

Im thinking about getting either a pair of 12 inch subs or one 15 inch sub for my blazer. It isnt going to be the most powerful thing in the world, just something that makes the bass come out of the music. Im probably going to get a Profile AP 1200 amp to power them, 300 rms x 2 at 2 ohms, 1200 watts max. First of all, is this amp a good one? i know its not the best quality, but im on a budget...

So now the bigger question, should i get one 15 inch sub or two 12s? From researching it looks like i could get 2 SVC 12's and get them wired in paralell (although i have no idea how to do that right now) and then i could use the profile amp to give them both 300 watts RMS and 600 watts peak. But then i could also get say a DVC 15 and feed it 300 watts rms per voice coil at 2 ohms, correct? Having 2 SVC subs is like having one DVC sub, i think, help me if im wrong..

So what would be better? 2 12's or 1 15? I was thinking maybe the Rockford Fosgate HX2 15", cause they are cheap on ebay and take 600 watts RMS, 1200 max, perfect for that amp. But i dont know, maybe i should get 2 12's, maybe some mtx's or smething. Im not looking for great SQ, i want something that hits hard. Looking to spend 150 or less for the sub/subs, off ebay cause its cheap there. If you have any ideas for which subs i should get for this setup, please let me knoW!! thanks a lot, i know its a lot to go through! im sure i will have more questions as soon as i think of em

oh and i will probably be building the box for whatever i get

i had a profile cl1200, very reliable amp and i think it puts out its rated power so i would recommend it and for the subs i would either get 2 12'' kicker cvrs or 2 alpine type r's on ebay for cheap, dont go rf please

Thanks for the input, i think ill get the profile for sure... im still undecided on the subs. the kickers need more power i think than the profile can push out, the type r's are more expensive, even the incriminator audios are like 130 for just one sub, im lookin to get 2 for just about that much, or just one nice 15 inch, any other suggestions on subwoofers that fit my description? 300 rms for 2 12's or 600 rms for one 15, under 150 dollars.

thanks

bah, it was a guess.

My bad //content.invisioncic.com/y282845/emoticons/banghead.gif.8606515f668c74f6de0281deb475b6fd.gif

consider it edited !

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.