Would you trade 4 Kicker L7s 12s for a 18" sundown x i

Participant count
  • Participant list

anl1racing

mi
So I didn't sell my kickers and got my other motors for my summer truck, so still have these in my winter beater.

I have a guy wanting to trade me a 18" sundown x and $100 with a nice box for my kicker L7s and box.

I recently got rid of my 1 18" fi btl because it wasn't loud enough for me, the kickers get straight down as far as loudness and I am happy with them (for this week at least). Now I kno how mainstream kicker is and how everyone hates on them but there no denying they get loud.

I have right around 2500 clean power at 1 ohm to play with.

What would you do?

I honestly think The reason is because the brand of the kickers that I'm thinking about doing it.

Btl is probably a louder sub than an x. The kickers will probably still be louder than the x. 584^2 of cone area vs 254

Four kicker 12s would be louder for sure in the right box.

4 12s > 1 18

And 2500watts hope u have upgraded alt and extra battery bank... takes power to make power

Four kicker 12s would be louder for sure in the right box.
4 12s > 1 18

And 2500watts hope u have upgraded alt and extra battery bank... takes power to make power
Yea I got a 250amp alt and 2 he 2400s, my voltage drop and full tilt is around .6-.8 if I'm really leaning on it, I have a second alt and another amp but being space limited it will be awhile before I can fab. it all up for the Volvo. Thank you tho bro

Right what I figured, I'm just thinking if I added a second x18 if that would be louder then the kickers also. Sometimes I get ahead of myself and #aintloud kicks in
I'd still say the kickers will be louder than two x 18s. More cone area, more coils to disperse heat. The X18s will play below 30hz better but thats it.

Activity
No one is currently typing a reply...
Old Thread: Please note, there have been no replies in this thread for over 3 years!
Content in this thread may no longer be relevant.
Perhaps it would be better to start a new thread instead.